apps-infra

Forum Stats

• 3,874,065 Users
  • 2,266,670 Discussions
  • 7,911,715 Comments

Discussions

BI Scheduler and Presentation Service Communication

I have the BI Scheduler running on a UNIX box and 2 Presentation Servers running behind a Load Balancer.

The 2 Presentation Servers are sharing the same catalog. When I configure the BI Scheduler to communicate directly to one of the physical host server the iBot runs successfully. However if I configure it to go though the Load Balancer host name it gives me the following error:

[Util Logger] Exception occured:
Severity:Critical
Type:const saw::Exception*
File:/net/sdcv440s082/vol1/users/anabuild/views/nightly/Sun/10134/Solaris/vobs/080726.1900/analytics_web/main/project/webcomm/rpc.cpp
Line:127
Message:Assertion failure: ((t32 == 0) && (m_nResponseCode != RPCSysMessage::kSuccess)) || (t32 == 2) at line 127 of /net/sdcv440s082/vol1/users/anabuild/views/nightly/S
un/10134/Solaris/vobs/080726.1900/analytics_web/main/project/webcomm/rpc.cpp

I can telnet to the load balancer host name at port 9710 successfully but the iBot will still not run. Any ideas on what needs to be configured on the load balancer side to get this to work?

Thanks,

Chuck
Tagged:

Answers

• rmoff
    rmoff Member Posts: 2,511
    Hi,
    I think you're going about it the wrong way. The [deployment guide|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10415_01/doc/bi.1013/b40058.pdf] states this:
    Since communications to BI Presentation Services instances in a cluster are not controlled via the Cluster Controllers, the list of BI Presentation Services instances must be specified.
    When more than one BI Presentation Services instance is specified, load balancing of requests to the multiple BI Presentation Services instances automatically takes effect.
    (p31)

So your scheduler should be configured to know about the one or many Presentation Services that you have, rather than try to get it to work via the load balancer.

See the deployment guide for more info and how to implement this configuration
This discussion has been closed.
apps-infra