• 3,872,942 Users
  • 2,266,490 Discussions
  • 7,911,391 Comments

Discussions

Problem launching ODI Data Quality/Profiling in Vista

737758 Member Posts: 6
edited Nov 30, 2009 9:11AM in Data Integrator
Hello

I am having a weird problem with Oracle Data Integrator installation in Vista. Hope somebody could help me.

I have installed ODI (10.1.3.5.0) along with Data Quality and Profiling. The installation was successful, however, while trying to launch Data Quality/Metabase Server etc I am getting an error: "admin.exe is not found"/"discovery.exe not found". Moreover, bin directory under oracledq directory is empty. I was just wondering, there must be "something" at least in the bin directory if the installation was error free!

Could you please let me know if anything is wrong with the installation or is that a Vista problem? Do I need to install anything else as a pre-requisite?

Your assistance is much appreciated..

Shibaji Gupta

Best Answer

• Guru Sankar
    Guru Sankar Member Posts: 1,165
    edited Nov 30, 2009 4:40AM Answer ✓
    Hi Guys,

Let me contribute a little,

ODQ/ODP is not certified (compatible) with Win Vista. Please refer the below excel sheet for further info.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oracle-data-integrator/10.1.3/htdocs/documentation/odi_certification.xls

Thanks,
    Guru

Answers

685150 Member Posts: 13
    Hi
    I had the same problem with vista, but with xp everything works fine. I think it has to be something with vista.

Regards,
    Pavan
    Hi

Not only that, I could not even run the setup in "Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 SP1" compatibility mode. Is there anybody who could probably help us to resolve the problem?

Shibaji Gupta
  • Guru Sankar
    Guru Sankar Member Posts: 1,165
    edited Nov 30, 2009 4:40AM Answer ✓
    Hi Guys,

Let me contribute a little,

ODQ/ODP is not certified (compatible) with Win Vista. Please refer the below excel sheet for further info.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oracle-data-integrator/10.1.3/htdocs/documentation/odi_certification.xls

Thanks,
    Guru
    606607 Member Posts: 288
    edited Nov 30, 2009 5:18AM
    Hi Shibaji,

Trying to help ....

If I remember well , I faced a simalr kind of issue long back (not with windows vista) (but i am not remebering in which windows OS version I tried)

can you please check the two exe files are there in your installaion bin folder ?

.. \oracledq\client\bin

admin.exe & discovery.exe (for me only these two files were missing)

If not can you please copy those manually and try.. (please consider this as a testing )

Regards,
    Rathish A M

Edited by: Rathish on Nov 30, 2009 3:47 PM
    Hello Guru

Thanks for the clarification; it's been of real help.
    However, now I have some more questions. If you could kindly help...

1. Is there any restriction on Vista in terms of installing Oracle SOA suite?
    2. What about Oracle BI Enterprise one? An observation about this: it's possible to launch the installer changing the compatibility mode to Windows Server 2000 SP1.
    3. However, for the ODP/ODQ, I could not even change the compatibility mode; the options are actually disabled.

Thanks in advance..

Shibaji Gupta
    Hello Rathish

Thanks for the info; First of all, please let me know where from shall I copy those files?
    In my case the "/oracledq/bin" directory is "just" empty!

As the installation did not raise any problem, I can probably guess that all the .dll files (if any) are correctly installed, except for the "bin" directory contents. Is there a way to copy the entire bin directory content? Not sure how Oracle performs the installation. If you could help me from your experience.

Any way, thanks again for the assistance. Would like to try all available options.

Shibaji Gupta
    Hi,

In my case we have already ODQ/ODP installed in some other system . from there I copied the files manually.

Regards,
    Rathish
    Cool! In that case I can install ODQ/ODP in a XP machine an then copy it over to the Vista. Just an experiment and let's see if that works!

Thanks a lot for the cool advice!

Regards
    Shibaji Gupta
    Hi,

One small suggetion :-

As per Oracle support documentations , they strictly mentioned that ODQ/ODP (10.1.3.5) will not be comatible with Windows Vista.

Please reffer :- FAQ For The Oracle Data Integrator ODP And ODQ Companion Tools - ID 827247.1

In my case, I didnt tried with Vista (and for me, it was just a test env)

Regards,
    RAthish A M
This discussion has been closed.