This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,960 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Can I restore a user that was deleted through Oracle BI Presentation Ser...

Hello friends,

I've deleted User through Oracle BI Presentation Services Administration without harm of course. But it happened and made various problem.

For example the error message "access denied for user to path /users/"user name"/_portal/dashboard layout.
Error Details
Error Codes: O9XNZMXB" when the user try connect to his dashboards.

I've checked that the relevant folders belonging to the user exist ( ../_portal etc..).
Although the problem still exists.

Is there a possibility restore the user as he was before the deletion ?

Thank you,
Arkady
Tagged:

Answers

577516 Member Posts: 1,058
    did you try adding the user same way back you deleted?
    you can go back to save catalog if it does not work.
    735397 Member Posts: 8
    edited Nov 30, 2009 9:35AM
    I don't see any option as restore or add user in Oracle BI Presentation Services Administration, but only delete user.
    I forgot to mention that a user was not created by the Administrator tool but by available LDAP

Unfortunately I must go now but tomorrow I'd glad to see your suggestions. Thanks again.

Edited by: user6486764 on Nov 30, 2009 6:35 AM
    687696 Member Posts: 186
    Best solution... Take your backup copy of the webcat from the day before you deleted the user and start using that. Now don say that you do not have a backup!:-)
    The Best solution.But I have backup of week ago and I don't want to take the entire web/catalog/paint after a whole week of developments. I tried to replace only users folder and user.atr, but it did not help.
  • try to pass user username and password as parameter
    ie. https:<webser>\analytics\saw.dll?answers&NQUser=<user>&NQPass=<pass>
  • Vladimir L
    Vladimir L Member Posts: 38
    Hi,

Error message "access denied for user to path /users/"user name"/_portal/dashboard layout appears because removing of user from Web Admin doesn't remove files in web catalog. Before create the user again you need to delete all files under folder /users/"username" and folder itself.

Vladimir
    It doesn't work
    Hi,

1. I've stoped the BI server.
    2. removed entire "user" folder.
    3. restarted the server
    4. tried login with user/pass

"user" folder didn't re-created, but only "user".atr file re-created
  • Vladimir L
    Vladimir L Member Posts: 38
    HI,
    You need to stop Oracle BI Presentation server service, and only after you can remove user folder. I suggest do it directly in windows explorer not via Catalog manager
    687696 Member Posts: 186
    user6486764 wrote:
    The Best solution.But I have backup of week ago and I don't want to take the entire web/catalog/paint after a whole week of developments. I tried to replace only users folder and user.atr, but it did not help.
    !!!!!!! You cannot use the Best solution because of your mistake of not having backup....! (Though this is the easiest way oracle has provided)

make sure that you take backups after development at least once a day during the development phase!!!!!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.