• 7,911,745 Comments

Discussions

eul5 - does any table list the folders that each query uses

user1175345
user1175345 Member Posts: 130
edited Dec 8, 2009 3:02PM in Discoverer
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well,

We use Discoverer to report off of Sungard Banner data (for Universities)
We report off of an ODS, not directly off of the production system.

We are moving from ODS 3.1 to ODS 8.

I learned here recently about EUL5_DOCUMENTS to dump a list of out existing queries.
Is there any table that lists for each query, the folders that the query uses?

I learned here recently that when creating an OUTER join in Admin, there is a desc. field
to describe the join. We do that now, but we have many previous joins that are not documented this way.

If i could create a query with all the tables that a query uses, i could use this query as some kind of checklist
as we create the joins in ODS 8.

Please advise with your thoughts and ideas, tx, sandra
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Patrick Bacon
    Patrick Bacon Member Posts: 154
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sandra,

I am not aware of any end user layer schema table which includes the worksheet, folder and folder items used, but the EUL V5 business area does have a folder titled, "EUL5 User Queries" which has all of this. This folder uses the EUL5_GET_OBJECT_NAME function (as opposed to having this in some table) to obtain all of the folder and folder item information.

You probably want to consider installing the EUL V5 business area (if you have not already). Directions are provided in Chapter 19 of the Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer Administration Guide. This only requires a few steps and I think it would greatly help your project.

Patrick

Answers

• Patrick Bacon
    Patrick Bacon Member Posts: 154
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sandra,

I am not aware of any end user layer schema table which includes the worksheet, folder and folder items used, but the EUL V5 business area does have a folder titled, "EUL5 User Queries" which has all of this. This folder uses the EUL5_GET_OBJECT_NAME function (as opposed to having this in some table) to obtain all of the folder and folder item information.

You probably want to consider installing the EUL V5 business area (if you have not already). Directions are provided in Chapter 19 of the Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer Administration Guide. This only requires a few steps and I think it would greatly help your project.

Patrick
  • user1175345
    Hi Patrick,

Thx... installing EUL5 business area is a good idea...

found the link that martha provided some time ago.... is this where i should go for chapter 19?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/discoverer.html

if yes, will pass to my admin...

tx, sandra
  • Kranthi.K
    Kranthi.K Member Posts: 1,586
    hi sandra,

how you doing good.hope all is well at your end.

what patrick said about EUL5 tables is correct and its chapter 18 and 19 of administrator guide.Look below for the link and ya you can give it to your admin guy.

[http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/B10270_01/toc.htm]

Hope it helps you.

Best Wishes,
    Kranthi.
    Kranthi.K
  • user1175345
    thx Kranthi !

sandra
This discussion has been closed.