Forum Stats

• 3,733,802 Users
  • 2,246,823 Discussions
  • 7,856,879 Comments

Discussions

Ask your Oracle Policy Automation (formerly Haley Office Rules) questions!

Davin Fifield-Oracle
Davin Fifield-Oracle Member, Moderator Posts: 1,032 Employee
To all of you out there using or thinking of using the product originally known as RuleBurst, then as Haley Office Rules, and now proudly part of the Oracle product family as Oracle Policy Automation:

Please feel free to post any questions you have on the product line here. The OPA team globally is keen to help out with answering your questions, whether it is about a particular feature, where to find more information, or even recommendations on how you might go about solving a particular rule-writing problem.

Please, don't be shy! Answers to your OPA questions are just a few keystrokes away.

And it would be great to see people starting to share their ideas, tips and tricks on how to best use the Oracle Policy Automation product family for your specific business needs. Stake your claim now as an OPA guru, and be the envy of all your friends. :-)

Cheers,
Davin Fifield

Update: I have now locked this thread. Please start a new thread in this forum with any questions you have.

Edited by: davinfifield on 14/01/2010 15:35
Tagged:

Comments

• I have a customer who is not able to Import the siebel object after applying 8.0.0.7 patch and hot fixes.

The following is the error they are receiving.
    Error Message: Loggin in .... failed. An error encounter during Object Importer Initialization

Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions would be appreaciated.

Thanks
  • Davin Fifield-Oracle
    Is this question related to Oracle Policy Automation (Haley Office Rules) somehow? If not, you might have better luck posting to the Siebel forum.
    735065 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

If I change the Style for date input to Year, Month and Day edits on an Entity Instance collect screen, it will build and debug correct. The issue is that if I close the project and try to re-open it, the following error will show.

*"Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:'_input-style' Key being added: '_input-style'"*

After importing the files into a new project (because it didn't open anymore) I noticed that by trying to import the Interview Screens file it gives the same error. After some more research I noticed that it gave the error after changing the input Style at an Entity Instance collect screen.
    How can I still change the Style to Year, Month and Day edits (because in Dutch we normally notate dates like dd-mm-yyyy instead of yyyy-mm-dd)? Single Edit (default) is a bit unnatural, because even with all the settings being in Dutch you still need to input the date with yyyy-mm-dd.

Thanks,

Niels Roest
  • Hi Nils

Please download the recently released 10.0.1 version of OPA from Oracle eDelivery and let us know whether it solves this problem.

Thanks

Anthony Bettanin | Director, Global Partner Enablement, Oracle Policy Automation | Oracle Worldwide Alliances & Channels
    Office: +61 3 8616 3683 | Mobile: +61 434 832 564 | Level 5, 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
    Hi Anthony,

I upgraded OPA 10 with the latest version (although it still gives the version number: 10.0.0.172). Is that correct? Unfortunately, it still gives the same error.

Best regards,

Niels
  • Davin Fifield-Oracle
    The latest is 10.0.1.14. You can now download this version from OTN here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/applications/policy-automation/download.html
    Version 10.0.1.14 is now installed. Unfortunately, still the same error.
  • A Gibson
    A Gibson Member Posts: 94
    In Oracle Policy Modeling, I want to deploy a local rulebase to a Web Determinations Server running on a different server. Previously, that involved doing a build and deploy locally, and then taking the resluting .war file and moving it to Haley Determinations Server, either directly or through Apache Tomcat. So, per the "Deploy an inteview to Web Determinations" instructions, I select Build and Run with Oracle Web Determinations (with or without replace deployed version for project). The response is the summary screen of the local web determinations. I cannot find the .war file associated with the build, which is what I am looking for to deploy to the other server. What do I need to be doing differently? Thanks for your help
  • Davin Fifield-Oracle
    You have a couple of options here.

(1) The default Web Determinations .war file is included with the Oracle Policy Automation for Java distribution, which is downloadable separately. Once you've deployed that to your server, you can then copy your rulebase .zip file from your project output folder, (or the release/web-determinations/WEB-INF/classes/rulebases folder) into that rulebases folder in your expanded .war directory.
    (2) Make your own .war file by zipping up the content of the release/web-determinations directory, and giving it the .war extension.

Davin Fifield
  • A Gibson
    Thanks Davin, did what you said and it works. If I had two projects in the rulebases folder under web-determinations, how would I differentiate the URL to call each one. So far the URL is just http://(host):9000/web-determinations/. The obvious choices don't seem to be working for me.
  • Davin Fifield-Oracle
    If you have multiple rulebases the root URL for Web Determinations should prompt for which to use. After you've chosen one, the displayed URL is what you'd use to short-circuit that step in the future.
    How can I seed data into a session? Maybe the name has changed, because I can't find it in application.properties.
    In Haley Office Rules you could determine the folder where the .xds was located (resources/default/filename.xds), so how does it work in OPA10?

Thanks!
    722301 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Niels,

there is a property in the 'application.properties' file under the 'configuration' folder named xds.file.path

This is the path (relative to the context root of the Web Determinations app) under which session data files will be loaded from and persisted to.

So, for example, I have

xds.file.path =data

in my application.properties file. This means that the data adaptor will expect to find a folder named 'data' immediately under the web determinations deployment folder (I am running OWD on Tomcat natively on my machine).

And when I run the app, the path is resolved in the data adaptor class to:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\web-determinations\data

I hope this helps!

- Frank
  • A Gibson
    Can you please differentiate for me - siebel-determinations-server (SDS) and determinations-server? What does SDS bring that is different? What would differentiate when I want to use SDS versus determinations-server? If I see adminsmoketest sitting underneath SDS rulebases on the server, has an error been made in the connector install? Thanks,
  • Davin Fifield-Oracle
    The instance of Oracle Determinations Server that ships with OPA Connector for Siebel has been extended to support Benefit Plan generation directly from Siebel. In every other way it is identical to the Oracle Determinations Server that is included with Oracle Policy Automation for Java runtime components.

You should not need to use these benefit plan extensions unless you are using the upcoming Siebel 8.2 release.

Davin Fifield
  • A Gibson
    We do now have two rulebases under web-determinations, and calling the server provides the user with the choice of rulebases to proceed with, as you said it would. However, selecting one, and then storing the URL (e.g. http://(server):9000/web-determinations/screen/ScreeningAssessment/en-GB/summary?user=guest) for a subsequent call does not work once the session has been closed and then re-opened with the saved URL. I am getting this error message "[An interactive session is required to perform this action. You may see this message because your session has expired, or because cookies have been disabled in your web browser, or because you are following a link or bookmark to an expired session in progress.]"
    Any thoughts about what I should be doing different?
    Thanks
  • Kristy Van Der Vlist-Oracle
    Kristy Van Der Vlist-Oracle Member Posts: 122 Employee
    Hi user12201047,

The link on the rulebase selection screen actually points to the service which creates the session and then redirects you through to summary screen. This means the link that you copied in your post is different to the one that is on the rulebase selection screen.

To link directly to a session using a given rulebase the URL is:

http://(server):(port)/startsession/(rulebase name)

where the (rulebase name) is the name of the rulebase is as it appears on the rulebase selection screen. So in your case the URL would be:

http://(server):9000/startsession/ScreeningAssessment

As a shortcut, if you are using FireFox you can just copy the link from the rulebase selection screen by right clicking on it and selecting the 'copy link location' option.
  • A Gibson
    Thakns, that gave me the info I needed - although I had to put /web-determinations/ in before /startsession/
This discussion has been closed.