• 3,814,617 Users
  • 2,258,892 Discussions
  • 7,892,783 Comments

Discussions

What's Main Object For ERPI ?

894257 Member Posts: 64
edited Dec 16, 2011 1:00AM in EPM System Infrastructure
Can you Explain to us what's ERPI?
Also I can Load data from Any source to load into Hyperion Using ODI.
Why should i use a ERPI ?

Best Answer

808829 Member Posts: 14
    What is ERPi ->>>>>>>>>>>>> FDM + ODI = ERPi

ERPi's purpose in life to provide the following functionality for business/end user:
    (1) Drill back capability from and integration setup with HFM/Planning (Not sure on Essbase, but it might be possblie, but that is what EIS/Essbase Studio supports)
    (2) the ability to source in metadata from ERPs such as EBS and Peoplesoft (it can actually load and maintain an hierarchy in Planning and HFM)
    (3) Ability to provide data write back from HFM and Planning to ERPs

Classic FDM supports the following:
    (1) GL mappings to a common chart of accounts for Oracle EPM apps (classic FDM)
    (2) Ability to provide audit trails (reports) for compliance needs (classic FDM)
    (3) Gives non IT users a tool to support mappings and data loads ((Classic FDM)unlike ODI which IT needs to support due to its technical nature)

In general ERPi helps provide tight integration with the ERP and Oracle EPM platforms and let me tell you, it is slick. Still working out the kinks, but when it is ready for primetime, it will be a tool customer won't be able to resist.

ODI, yes you can load data from any RDBMS, Flat File to Hyperion using ODI

Why should I use ERPi? ERPi is the next integration story for bridging the gap between Oracle ERPs and Oracle EPM. In a nutshell, it tightens the integration with a customers Oracle footprint.

Feel free to contact me if you want a demo of this

John Conlee
    [email protected]

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    Have a read of - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/erpi_admin_11121501/launch.html

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
    JohnGoodwin
  • Vasavya Chowdary
    Vasavya Chowdary Member Posts: 1,088
    edited Dec 14, 2011 11:16PM
    In genral
    In simple we can say FDM does loading translating exports data. It is also combined with audit/trend/security reports as well as provide financial quality for data. it just creates link to FDM to load in to hyperion Systems

Who are users
    ODI is very IT centric (think programming).
    Compare to ODI , FDM has a much easier to use interface.

WHOS is WHO
    FDM is purpose-built for--though not strictly limited to--loading financial data from external sources(ERP) into Hyperion financial performance management applications, such as HFM, Planning, Essbase, etc. It it commonly used in financial consolidation/closing process, and it has many native features expected and required to support that type of activity. FDM is very well-suited to its intended purpose in serving the finance community of an enterprise. FDM is not so well-suited as a more generalized ETL tool, nor as a tool for maintaining application metadata.... More over u can expose the FDM to user who can load data and wait for schulded calculation

ODI is for general-purpose, enterprise-class ETL tools. Unlike FDM, they can be used to maintain application metadata, although they aren't necessarily the best tools to use for that purpose in every situation.
    But if one of your main requirements is to transfer financial data in a consolidation process, FDM is right way to go

Hope this helps
    Vasavya Chowdary
    808829 Member Posts: 14
    What is ERPi ->>>>>>>>>>>>> FDM + ODI = ERPi

ERPi's purpose in life to provide the following functionality for business/end user:
    (1) Drill back capability from and integration setup with HFM/Planning (Not sure on Essbase, but it might be possblie, but that is what EIS/Essbase Studio supports)
    (2) the ability to source in metadata from ERPs such as EBS and Peoplesoft (it can actually load and maintain an hierarchy in Planning and HFM)
    (3) Ability to provide data write back from HFM and Planning to ERPs

Classic FDM supports the following:
    (1) GL mappings to a common chart of accounts for Oracle EPM apps (classic FDM)
    (2) Ability to provide audit trails (reports) for compliance needs (classic FDM)
    (3) Gives non IT users a tool to support mappings and data loads ((Classic FDM)unlike ODI which IT needs to support due to its technical nature)

In general ERPi helps provide tight integration with the ERP and Oracle EPM platforms and let me tell you, it is slick. Still working out the kinks, but when it is ready for primetime, it will be a tool customer won't be able to resist.

ODI, yes you can load data from any RDBMS, Flat File to Hyperion using ODI

Why should I use ERPi? ERPi is the next integration story for bridging the gap between Oracle ERPs and Oracle EPM. In a nutshell, it tightens the integration with a customers Oracle footprint.

Feel free to contact me if you want a demo of this

John Conlee
    [email protected]
  • Vasavya Chowdary
    Vasavya Chowdary Member Posts: 1,088
    edited Dec 16, 2011 1:00AM
    I suggest you to go through below link

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/fdm_1112000_readme.pdf
    which gives u some idea on ERPI apart from above explanation which i gave.
    Vasavya Chowdary
This discussion has been closed.