• 2,262,301 Discussions
  • 7,900,404 Comments

Discussions

EM12c: Change Lifecycle Status of multiple targets

MaLau
MaLau Member Posts: 34 Blue Ribbon
edited Jan 16, 2013 10:01AM in Enterprise Manager
Hi,

we forgot to set a Lifecycle Status for some targets during the promoting process. I created some incident rules which distinguish themselves by the Lifecycle Status.
So now i have to browse to every target home, open the menu and select "Target Setup" --> "Properties" ... click "Edit" etc.

Does anyone know a smarter solution? Is there a way to change the Lifecycle Status of more than one target at a time?

Thanks and regards,
Martin

Answers

• Andrei_
    Andrei_ Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jan 16, 2013 5:14AM
    Hi,

You can change the target properties with emcli.

emcli help set_target_property_value

For example:

emcli set_target_property_value -property_records="test_database:oracle_database:LifeCycle Status:Production"

With emcli you can also provide the property records in a file.

More on emcli:
    [1] Oracle® Enterprise Manager Command Line Interface 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.2) - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/em.121/e17786/toc.htm

Cheers,
    Andrei
    Andrei_
  • MaLau
    MaLau Member Posts: 34 Blue Ribbon
    Hi Andrei,

thanks for this tip.
    I have already worked with the emcli(only some OMS config tasks) but i never though about to use it as tool to script some more complex configuration task.

I think the note will help me with the syntax. Next step will be the selection of the production targets for examlpe. (e.g. all databases which name ends with a "P" or something --> set all belonging targets [host, listenert etc] to Lifecylce Status Production) But this is not your problem! ;-)

Thank you very much again!
    Regards,
    Martin
    356741 Member Posts: 2
    that is correct. emcli is the recommended approach for client side scripting. i am always active on this forum but if any specific question is not answered on this forum with regard to the scripting, feel free to route the question to [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.