• 2,262,504 Discussions
  • 7,900,989 Comments

Discussions

Dynamic Portlet Changing as Dynamic Taskflows in ADF

Sashank Pappu
Sashank Pappu Member Posts: 80
edited Apr 12, 2013 8:28AM in WebCenter Portal
Hi ,

I have a requirement where I have a side navigation and what ever i click on the side navigation bar (left side of page ) it should change the page content in the main portlet dynamically . I tried doing this with dynamic taskflows but its not feasible as I need to create a separate task flow for every page.

Now My Requiremnet is that when i click a link on navigation link the corresponding page should be displayed in other portlet . So could you please guide us a right approach for dynamic portlet communication with links and pages .

Thank you,
Sashank P.

Answers

• Yannick Ongena
    Yannick Ongena Member Posts: 1,986
    You can simply add the portlet to your navigation model.
    This way the portlet is rendered in your default template and uses a special page to dynamicly display the portlet specified in the navigation model.
    You can edit the navigation renderer as described here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_navigation.htm#BABJDFIA

Hope this helps.
    Yannick Ongena
  • Hi Yannick ,

Thanks a lot for your reply . Could you please let me know how to use a special page to dynamicly display the portlet specified in the navigation model.

Thank you,
    Sashank P
  • Yannick Ongena
    Yannick Ongena Member Posts: 1,986
    That special page already exist. That's the navigation renderer as described in the linked documentation.
    That page is responsible for displaying the portlet you link in the navigation model.
  • Hi Yannick ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried implementing the same what is given in the document and was able to remove the navigation-renderer.jspx file from excluded list and added to my project . After that I was not able to move forward could you please let us know any apporach how to display dynamic pages on region of navigation-renderer.jspx page .

Could you please let us know how to use navigation-renderer.jspx file as we are very new to webcenter portals and we could see any apporach how to use it.

Thank you,
    Sashank P.
This discussion has been closed.