• 2,262,303 Discussions
  • 7,900,414 Comments

Discussions

Pagination Patch for 11.1.1.6

Sashank Pappu
Sashank Pappu Member Posts: 80
edited Apr 25, 2013 5:55AM in WebCenter Portal
Hi ,

Could you please let me know if their is any patch for upgrading from 11.1.1.6 Jdev to 11.1.1.7 for pagination . We have a Out of Box option in 11.1.1.7 for pagination . Do we have any option to upgrade or apply patch .
As our requirement is mainly based on af:table , we cant go with af:iterator for few considerations as per requirements. So could you please suggest us how can we apply the patch if any.

Thank you,
Sashank P.

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Apr 25, 2013 5:37AM
    Hi.

How to upgrade to 11.1.1.7: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/doc.1111/e16793/patch_set_installer.htm#CHDBIGGA

From my opinion update to a new release only for a pagination in ADF Table is too much effort. Why don't implement custom pagination? There are a lot of blogs about how to implement pagination in an ADF 11g R1 table.

Although upgrade to the last release always is good for bug fixing :).

Regards.
  • Hi Daniel,

We thought of going with custom pagination but we have few concepts like sorting filtering and searchable options for the same table . So for pagination we might have to use iterator concept as most of the blogs and links suggest and with iterator concept i am not sure we can do sorting filtering and searchable options.

we tried using RowSet on af:table for limiting the result set but we it didnt work . So If you can suggest us how can we go with custom pagination on using af:table .

Thank you,
    Sashank P.
This discussion has been closed.