Forum Stats

• 3,838,648 Users
  • 2,262,387 Discussions
  • 7,900,715 Comments

Discussions

Display jsff from one application on another?

beachw08
beachw08 Member Posts: 69
edited May 16, 2013 8:35AM in WebCenter Portal
I have a jsf page and I want to display a jsff page as a region on the jsf page, but the jsff is part of another application that's on the same server. I was wondering what the best way to do this would be.

I was thinking of calling a remote taskflow, but I also read that remote taskflows can't be loaded in regions. Is this true?

I have also looked into portlets but don't know much about using them.

I also was think about using an inline frame on the page, but I feel if I do that the user will be able to navigate the other application through the inline frame and I don't want that.

If anyone has a good suggestion on how to display just one jsff from a separate application, on my jsf page in my application on the same server as the separate application, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Answers

• Sudipto Desmukh
    Sudipto Desmukh Member Posts: 2,287
    edited May 13, 2013 4:10PM
    You should drag and drop the taskflow as a region into your current application.
    for the same the taskflow which needs to be used will need to be packaged in an ADF Library and included in the current project.

See
    If you want to use an ADF bounded task flow from a different application than the one in which you are currently working,
     you can search for it in the Resource Palette. The Resource Palette lets you browse the contents of a catalog 
    and any repositories that are linked into it. The catalog may contain files, services, and components, including 
    ADF bounded task flows, that are of use in the application development process. 
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15051_01/web.1111/b31974/taskflows_regions.htm
  • beachw08
    I have tried packaging one application as a jar file and then adding it to a separate application as a library but my taskflow doesn't get shown in the component pallet. Could this be because I am trying to use a taskflow that has fragments? Because I know if you are calling a taskflow using a url you can't you fragments, and I need to use fragments.
  • beachw08
    Never mind I figured out what I was doing wrong, you need to make an ADF Library JAR file and not a regular jar file.
  • Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited May 16, 2013 8:35AM
    Hi.

Your Task Flow should be exposed in ADF JAR Libraries instead of a regular JAR Libraries because first one stores relevant ADF metadata.

Answering your question of how to add cuistom Bounded Task Flow (regions) follow next steps:

In WebCenter Portal:
    1) In case of create the Bounded Task Flow based on page fragments in a separate project:
    - Create an ADF JAR Library and add it to your Portal classpath.
    - Add your ADF Task Flow just Drag & Drop to your page/catalog or wherever you want.
    - Open jazn-data.xml to map permissions to your task flow. By default users can't see the Task Flow.
    2) In case of create the Bounded Task Flow inside of your Portal Project:
    - Just assign correct permissions in jazn-data.xml

In WebCenter Spaces:
    - Deploy your ADF Jar Library using WebCenter Spaces Design project as shared-lib.
    - Add to a Resource Catalog your Task Flow read from your library.
    - Add through Composer the library to a page.

More information:
    - Exists a lot of ways (classpath, shared-lib...) to deploy your ADF Jar Libraries and expose it in WebCenter Portal and Spaces. Previous steps are only samples.
    - Searching in this forum you'll find a lot information related to your issue.
    About add an ADF JAR Library to WebCenter Portal: 10242766

I hope this help you.

Regards.
This discussion has been closed.