• 2,262,303 Discussions
  • 7,900,414 Comments

Discussions

Hyperion Planning Webform Issue

DmitryP.
DmitryP. Member Posts: 2
edited Aug 28, 2013 8:55AM in Planning and Budgeting

Good morning Geeks

Need your help on figuring out Planning Form issue.

I'm trying to set up a fairly simple form which is a part of the composite form.

In short, I want to show in separate rows (so I can have control over formatting) first set of details (lev 0 - store), subtotal for it (lev 1 - dynamic), then second set of details (lev 0), again subtotal for it (lev 1), and end this list with summary (lev 2 - dynamic). I use Sparce dimension (let's say Product) + Account in Rows section, Year and Month in columns. 

So, seems like my form suppresses lev 2 or lev1 or both depending on combination of properties for Grid, Dimension and Segment.

So far, the only way it works is when I place my Product selection in onesingle row with following settings: Grid - Suppress Missing Block, Dimension - Start Expanded, Segment - Suppress Hierarchy, Suppress missing Data.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Did you find solutions/workarounds?

Thank you, Dmitry

Answers

• Rahul S
    Rahul S Practice Director - EPM Member Posts: 1,787 Gold Trophy

Hi Dmitry,

If you have say 10 sparse members in row and you have suppress missing "blocks" is on and say if have data for 5 members then Planning will show only 5 data rows.

From you description you have a combination of Sparse and Dense in rows and you have turned on the suppression and its working, If yes what is the issue?

Little more information on what you are looking for will be good for us to answer your query.

Cheers...

Rahul S.

• DmitryP.
    DmitryP. Member Posts: 2

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your time and efforts. Below I have some details for you.

The suppression is working (as expected), that is correct.

The issue is that form also suppresses parents, which are not empty. I place parents in separate row, though (so I can utilize formats for the row, say separators for example).

My dimension has about 3K members, so I have to go with Suppression.

This is how dimension looks in the outline:

Group (Sparse)

Large Group lev 3

Existing Large Groups(dynamic)  lev 2

GRP_A (dynamic) +   lev 1

GRP_000A1 (store) +   lev 0

GRP_000A2 (store) +   lev 0

GRP_B +

GRP_000B3 +

GRP_# +

GRP_####1

GRP_####2

GRP_

Unknown Large Groups (dynamic)  lev 1

Unknown 1 lev 0

Unknown 2 lev 0

Small Group   lev 2

Below is how I use members in the form:

Row1: ILvl0Descendants(Existing Large Groups),        Checked Properties: Suppress Hierarchy, Suppress Missing Data, Read Only, Separator

Revenue                                                        Checked Properties: Hide

Row2: Existing Large Groups                                     Checked Properties: Suppress Hierarchy, Separator

Revenue                                                        Checked Properties: Hide

Row3: ILvl0Descendants(Unknown Large Groups),      Checked Properties: Suppress Hierarchy, Suppress Missing Data, Read Only, Separator

Revenue                                                         Checked Properties: Hide

Row4: Unknown Large Groups                                   Checked Properties: Suppress Hierarchy, Separator

Row5: Large Group                                                   Checked Properties: Suppress Hierarchy, Separator

I think this layout makes perfect sense for many companies out there, doesn't it?

Anyway, as a result form returns Row1 and Row4... Could you explain it? Do you have any good reading to learn about tricky from behaviors?

Regards,

Dmitry

This discussion has been closed.