• 3,826,626 Users
  • 2,260,682 Discussions
  • 7,897,041 Comments

Discussions

Data Validation on Webforms Question

1048239 Member Posts: 32
edited Dec 4, 2013 4:11PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I put some data validation on a webform that will turn the cell Orange if user enters a negative value.  However it still accepts the negative value.  So technically they could leave it and move on.   Is there a way to block users from entering a negative value into a cell?  Or is this as close as you can get?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jake Turrell
    Jake Turrell Member Posts: 735
    Answer ✓

Data validations cannot currently prevent the data from actually being saved.  (It has been requested many times.)  With that said, you CAN prevent users from promoting their data if this validation fails.

Hope this helps,

- Jake

Answers

• Jake Turrell
    Answer ✓

Data validations cannot currently prevent the data from actually being saved.  (It has been requested many times.)  With that said, you CAN prevent users from promoting their data if this validation fails.

Hope this helps,

- Jake

• amith.madisetty
    amith.madisetty Member Posts: 869 Gold Badge
    edited Dec 4, 2013 8:15AM

Hi,

The Only way we can avoid doing this is through having workflow in the validation so that when the user tries to promote the data to next review level so that until he comes over with positive numbers its should not promote which is acheivable through workflow in validation rule.

Thanks

Amith

amith.madisetty

Thought so.  I did read a blog a while back that there is a new function you can use in a calc script/business rule that can do some validation and actually pop a window up and have a message in it.  Can't remember where to find it though.Some new function that will dislplay and error warning.

Anyways, thanks for confirmation.

• Jake Turrell

I believe you're referring to the @RETURN function.

@RETURN

There's another post today where someone is having issues getting the error message to render correctly via an input form.

- Jake

Yes.  That's me.  Error pops up perfectly as designed when run from Business Rules menu.  As soon as you run from Webform it gets cryptic

This discussion has been closed.