• 2,259,081 Discussions
  • 7,893,229 Comments

Discussions

How to integerate third party service with SAAS through JCS

Vasanth Gokul
Vasanth Gokul Member Posts: 23 Red Ribbon
edited May 29, 2015 2:14AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi ,

This requirement is for inbound interface in SAAS.

We have third party system which can be connected through SFTP.  We have to get the .csv file based data from the third party system and feed in the data through FBL in SAAS. Its should be an automated process and it should be scheduled to run every Wednesday of the week.

How can we implement this using JCS SAAS Extension ?  What are the feasible options we have?

Appreciate your help on the same.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vasanth

Tagged:
Vasanth Gokul

Answers

• Jani Rautiainen-Oracle
    Jani Rautiainen-Oracle Member Posts: 828
    edited May 25, 2015 3:18AM

I think the main issue you have is the SFTP connection. AFAIK only HTTPS connections are allowed. The documentation states:

Remote invocations with a transport protocol other than HTTPS (including plain text HTTP).

Not applicable.

does the 3rd party provide a web service to obtain the data ?

--

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel/

• Vasanth Gokul
    edited May 25, 2015 5:17AM

Hi ,

3rd party doesn't have any web-service in place.

I heard ICS supports most of the 3rd party integration. But looks like they are not yet released. Hence trying to find some feasible options through JCS.

Since JCS (SAAS Extension) supports java based applications, can we use some 3rd party libraries in JCS to connect with SFTP through Java application ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vasanth

• Jani Rautiainen-Oracle
    edited May 25, 2015 11:23AM

I am not sure; the documentation is fairly clear that only HTTPS is allowed. That said the JCS console does have some SFTP configurations listed so maybe there is some functionality, unfortunately I have no knowledge of this and have to leave it up to guys from JCS to confirm. AFAIK the SFTP details on the console are used for JDeveloper DB Cart functionality to move DM & data between systems..

--

Jani Rautiainen

• Vasanth Gokul
    edited May 25, 2015 7:22PM

Hi Jani ,

Thanks for your reply.

Instead of JCS SAAS, can i use plain JCS to connect the third party system through SFTP. If so , is there any documentation or examples available on the available approached for using SFTP in JCS ? 

And also need your help to know , if not here, which is the right forum to ask our technical queries on JCS? 

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Vasanth

• Jani Rautiainen-Oracle
    edited May 26, 2015 1:37AM

Unfortunately I am also only developer using JCS-SaaS so I cannot give definite answers on "plain JCS" as I do not have an instance to test with so I am limited to the documentation. This is the right forum to ask questions on JCS, I think there was a public holiday in US yesterday so hopefully the JCS guys will give definitive answers soon. I did forward the thread to the JCS product manager.

--

Jani Rautiainen

Vasanth Gokul
  • Vasanth Gokul
    edited May 29, 2015 2:14AM

Any updates or inputs on the JCS part. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vasanth

This discussion has been closed.