• 3,814,139 Users
  • 2,258,824 Discussions
  • 7,892,587 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE integration possibilities

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 30, 2015 5:03AM in Financial Data Management

Hi, what are the possibilities of integration in FDMEE.

In my knowledge we can have these integration:

1 - Two way integration with oracle EBS GL module. Can we have integration with other EBS modules?

2 - Flat files. Can we automate the process of uploading data via flat files?

3 - what other possibilities are there?

Note: I am only looking at oracle modules not sap etc.

Regards

Tagged:
SH_INTReach87

Best Answer

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,192 Bronze Crown
    edited Jun 30, 2015 4:19AM Answer ✓

See my responses inline below:

Extract/upload into hyperion

- EBS GL -> hyperion, direct connection for extracting actual data. Yes

- EBS Other modules -> hyperion. Interfacing Tables of other EBS modules used with open interface adapters. Yes or extract to flat file and load

- other source system -> hyperion. Flat files. Yes but there are other sources supported out of the box i.e. JDE, Peoplesoft, SAP or you can use the Open Interface Adapter for any other source as long as you have a method for populating the Open Interface table

Write Back into EBS

- Hyperion -> EBS GL, direct connection for writing back budget data. Yes

- Hyperion -> EBS other modules. Not possible. Have to done via files. Yes

- Hyperion -> Other source system. have to use file system. Yes, write to file and use target system native load utilities

Drill back to EBS

- Hyperion -> EBS GL, direct connection for drilling back to actual data. Yes

- Hyperion -> EBS other modules. Only possible if data has valid landing page. Yes, configured with the Open Interface Adapter

- Hyperion -> Other source systems. Not possible. If you use the Open Interface Adapter then a drill URL can be specified as above

Answers

• SH_INT
    edited Jun 19, 2015 4:30AM

All currently supported sources and targets will be detailed in the FDMEE admin guide for whichever version you are using

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,694 Bronze Crown
    edited Jun 20, 2015 10:19PM

1 - Two way integration with oracle EBS GL module. Can we have integration with other EBS modules?

2 - Flat files. Can we automate the process of uploading data via flat files?

3 - what other possibilities are there?

1) Subledgers or other modules have to be integrated via Open Interface Adapter. There are plans to include sub-ledgers as supported source for direct integration.

2) Yes, you can automate.

3) as Simon said, you will find all the sources supported in the admin guide.

Cheers

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 22, 2015 2:29AM

Thanks for Help,

I can't find the FDMEE admin guide for 11.1.2.4 version. Can you guys share link.

Regards

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 22, 2015 3:58AM

I came across these terms while reading about FDMEE adapters

1 - "Adapter Suite" = pre built adapters for integration, like EBS GL adapter, SAP ERP adapter etc. Please correct me if i am wrong.

2 - "Open Interface Adapter" = As said before " Subledgers or other modules have to be integrated via Open Interface Adapter."

I have to give presentation on it and tell them if taking data from others EBS modules is possible and how much automation is possible. I have never done any custom development on FDM/FDMEE.

3 - Can you guys mention the basic steps for open interface adapter? or refer me to the novice guide

4 - How much can we automate subledgers/other sources using FDMEE data using open interface adapters as compare to GL integration.

5 - Open Interface Adapters are one way integration ( from source to hyperion) or two way integration can be done? or we have to take different path. One way from source to hyperion and other way for Hyperion to source?

Regards

• SH_INT
    edited Jun 22, 2015 4:30AM

All of this is pretty much covered in the Admin guide, 11.1.2.4 version can be found here

Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Documentation

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 23, 2015 1:33AM

We can drill through to EBS from planning. But can we achieve this with open interface adapters. It is written in documentation "File-based imports and write back are supported for those users who do not have a direct connection to their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) source data, but have data available from their source in a text file."

I am confuse? Up to what extend it can drill back from hyperion to EBS. Will we get same drill back as GL?

V7.jpg

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,694 Bronze Crown
    edited Jun 23, 2015 8:52AM

Dril.back is also possible for open interface adapter.

The only thing you need is a valid URL landing page accepting input parameters.

SH_INTReach87
  • JanGLi
    edited Jun 29, 2015 5:32AM

I am confused about drill back from Hyp Planning App to open interface.

I have raised an SR stating my concerns and they said that you can't drill back via open interface adapters. Neither do i think that this can be achieved.

In open interface adapter we pick data from interfacing table of that module how can we drill back to that module even with URL with just interfacing table.

Please through some light on it.

Regards

• SH_INT
    edited Jun 29, 2015 6:03AM

In order to Drill-Through you will need a valid landing page to show your source data. If you don't have a valid landing page you will not able to drill through to your source.

You configure the drill URL when you register your source system (Open Interface adapter). The full URL including parameters is configured in the import format, which allows you to have different drill back capabilities. The admin guide has all the details about how to build the URL.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Jun 30, 2015 3:58AM

Hi Guys, this is what i have concluded. An approval from experts will be much appreciated. (i know i have admin guide but still need confirmation) (only working with oracle EBS)

Extract/upload into hyperion

- EBS GL -> hyperion, direct connection for extracting actual data.

- EBS Other modules -> hyperion. Interfacing Tables of other EBS modules used with open interface adapters.

- other source system -> hyperion. Flat files.

Write Back into EBS

- Hyperion -> EBS GL, direct connection for writing back budget data.

- Hyperion -> EBS other modules. Not possible. Have to done via files.

- Hyperion -> Other source system. have to use file system.

Drill back to EBS

- Hyperion -> EBS GL, direct connection for drilling back to actual data.

- Hyperion -> EBS other modules. Only possible if data has valid landing page.

- Hyperion -> Other source systems. Not possible.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.