• 2,252,995 Discussions
  • 7,875,129 Comments

Discussions

Actual and Budget Load Through FDMEE

3123178 Member Posts: 5
edited Dec 18, 2015 4:26AM in Financial Data Management

Hi All ,

I am new to FDMEE .

I am working on a project , where the requirement is that the client has data file in which both Actual and Budget is coming in a single file . Here to mention that actual and budget are coming in rows .

Please let me know how to achieve the same . Is there any script which can do the same.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,188 Bronze Crown
    edited Dec 18, 2015 3:31AM Accepted Answer

As long as there is something in the rows to distinguish whether it is Actual or Budget then you simply create 2 data load rules one for actual and one for budget and load the same file twice. You will need to create 2 import formats one which looks for the actual identifier in the row and then skips those rows for a budget load and vice versa for actuals and then associate them with the relevant data load rules. You should be able to achieve this without the need for any scripting

Answers

• SH_INT
    edited Dec 18, 2015 3:31AM Accepted Answer

As long as there is something in the rows to distinguish whether it is Actual or Budget then you simply create 2 data load rules one for actual and one for budget and load the same file twice. You will need to create 2 import formats one which looks for the actual identifier in the row and then skips those rows for a budget load and vice versa for actuals and then associate them with the relevant data load rules. You should be able to achieve this without the need for any scripting

3123178 Member Posts: 5
    edited Dec 18, 2015 4:23AM

But we use Scenario in POV . Then how it can be done.

• SH_INT
    edited Dec 18, 2015 4:26AM

Scenario in FDMEE is linked to the data load rule (set when you create it). So you set one up for budget and one for actual

This discussion has been closed.