• 2,264,259 Discussions
  • 7,905,435 Comments

Discussions

Weblogic portal server upgrade 10.3.2 to 10.3.6

Jag_Koth
Jag_Koth Member Posts: 5
edited Jan 8, 2016 12:08AM in WebLogic Portal

Team,

I am planning for Weblogic portal server upgrade 10.3.2 to 10.3.6. could some one please tell me the major differences between these two versions ??

any links for migration could be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jag

Jag_Koth

Answers

• amey g
    amey g Member Posts: 2,631 Gold Trophy
    edited Jan 7, 2016 11:52AM

Hello,

Can you please check the below document.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E41236_01/wlp.1036/e14253/overview.htm

Thanks,
    Amey

• Jag_Koth
    edited Jan 7, 2016 11:42PM

Thank you Amey. I have already seen this link. I dont get clarity on this. Could you share if any slides or pdf that shows 10.3.2 and 10.3.6 features etc any OTN training documents if you could share would be helpfull

• amey g
    amey g Member Posts: 2,631 Gold Trophy
    edited Jan 8, 2016 12:00AM

Hello,

First take a backup of entire domain and database before starting the update. Please don't hesitate to mark it helpful or correct for other purpose.

Main steps for WebLogic Portal Domain Upgrade Process

1. Install WLP 10.3.6 on all machines in the domain, with the same directory name and location
    2. Un-deploy all applications (all applications MUST be upgraded in a separate application upgrade process before they can be deployed back to an upgraded domain)
    3. Run the portal Domain Upgrade Wizard/Script on machine 1 (machine 1 should be the machine with the AdminServer)
    4. Try to start up the Admin and Managed servers on machine 1
    5. Fix any issues that the upgrade wizard didn't take care of until all servers are brought up without issue
    6. Repeat steps 3-5 on all other machines in the domain
    7. Once all of the servers are up and running without any error, you can deploy the upgraded application(s) to the domain

Also Please try this steps first in staging or some development environment. Try to check

Thanks,

Amey

Jag_Koth
  • Jag_Koth
    edited Jan 8, 2016 12:05AM

Thank you Amey. could  you  share any docs for upgrade differences please

• Jag_Koth
    edited Jan 8, 2016 12:08AM

main differences and features of between these two versions please. I cant find any where in oracle docs thats why. kindly please advise

This discussion has been closed.