• 2,260,624 Discussions
  • 7,896,896 Comments

Discussions

Sudden symptoms connecting to port 16200

Jon Almada
Jon Almada Member Posts: 45
edited Mar 2, 2016 4:16PM in WebCenter Content

Hi,

I am running an Oracle WCC server on 11.1.1.9 on a Windows 2008 R2 system. Had no problems with it until recently when the defaults I have set for accessing the WCC instance on port 16200 are failing from outside of the server. If I http to the WCC instance INSIDE the server, I have no issues and can reach the screen shown below. However, if I try accessing the system from outside of the hosting Windows server, I receive a timeout message as noted in the second image below. Note that can reach the Weblogic console with no issues whatsoever.

When I attempt to reach the server on port 16200 from putty via a telnet session, I get a response that doesn't close the window after the normal two carriage returns to check the http response. So...I am left to question - Do I have a problem on my WCC installation with a corrupted or bad WCC web server OR do I have a network issue? I'm leaning to the latter since WCC is responding to the localhost connectivity with no issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Tagged:

Answers

• William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428 Silver Trophy
    edited Mar 1, 2016 8:02PM

Sounds like network, smells like network...

Instead of using localhost from the server, try using the actual machine name.  Might be DNS, so try the IP address if using the machine name fails.

Also on the Windows server, check the Windows firewall.  Somebody might have changed the firewall rules.  As a test, turn it off to see if the issue persists.

• Jon Almada
    Jon Almada Member Posts: 45
    edited Mar 2, 2016 4:16PM

Actually - I discovered that an admin had been testing ideas on the server and had set the Listen Address with the qualifier of "localhost" for the IP address to only bind to. Once I removed that entry and restarted the service, it came back to life as per normal...  Appreciate the approaches you recommended - I followed all of those before I had my inspiration this AM and found the true cause.

This discussion has been closed.