Forum Stats

• 3,838,260 Users
  • 2,262,347 Discussions
  • 7,900,563 Comments

Discussions

How to configurate a manual task with BPM?

3226594 Member Posts: 40

Hi!

I have a doubt. I don't know how to configurate a manual task, not user task manual. When you have to print or sign something you use a manual task.

I have created a manual task but the workspace don't show the process with the manual task.

How to configurate a manual task with Oracle BPM Suite?

Thanks!!! =)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• AnatoliAtanasov
    AnatoliAtanasov Member Posts: 883 Silver Trophy
    edited May 9, 2016 11:48AM Answer ✓

Hi there,

as per the documentation 

“The manual task represents a task performed by process participants that is outside of the scope of Oracle BPM. Manual tasks are used as placeholders within your process to show work that is not managed by the BPMN service engine at run time. Additionally, manual tasks do not appear in the Process Workspace application.”

otherwise put, they are used in the modelling and simulation phases and NOT in runtime. If you want to have a manual task being assigned to someone you still need to use human task activity.

HTH,

A.

Answers

• AnatoliAtanasov
    AnatoliAtanasov Member Posts: 883 Silver Trophy
    edited May 9, 2016 11:48AM Answer ✓

Hi there,

as per the documentation 

“The manual task represents a task performed by process participants that is outside of the scope of Oracle BPM. Manual tasks are used as placeholders within your process to show work that is not managed by the BPMN service engine at run time. Additionally, manual tasks do not appear in the Process Workspace application.”

otherwise put, they are used in the modelling and simulation phases and NOT in runtime. If you want to have a manual task being assigned to someone you still need to use human task activity.

HTH,

A.

This discussion has been closed.