Forum Stats

• 3,837,857 Users
  • 2,262,302 Discussions
  • 7,900,410 Comments

Discussions

How to rename a large amount of members at once in EPMA dimension library?

Taco
Taco Member Posts: 49 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 6, 2016 12:17AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

In epma dimension library I can rename a member by right click and select rename, but how can I rename multiple members at once?

I've tried importing a new dimension hierarchy to replace the old one but would cause problems, the forms that uses replaced members wouldn't link to the new ones.

Can anyone help me? I have hundreds of members to rename. Thank you very much!

Eric

Tagged:
GlennRobSmith

Best Answer

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jun 26, 2016 10:03AM

There is no Out of the box  way to bulk rename members hence you would need to do it manually.

Additionally since you did not specify what version of Hyperion (including patch level) you are on you need to perform test on your end to ensure you do not loose your data in Essbase when you rename a member from EPMA and deploy  as one of the earlier versions of EPMA some folks had noted data loss bug.

The well know John G and Celvin K have written a few blogs about using ODI and some other utilities respectively which you may want to google such.

Also you could always open an informational Oracle SR too and see what Oracle recommends.

Hopefully the information is helpful and let us know how you make out.

Once you got the clarity you needed remember to mark the thread as answered so members can focus on unanswered questions.
    Did Your Question Get Answered in My Oracle Support Community (Doc ID 1180503.1)

Taco
  • Taco
    Taco Member Posts: 49 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 5, 2016 11:53PM Answer ✓

Hi,

Just want to note down the solution I finally found out is using EPMA-Batch-Client can solve the issue, it has rename function.

Eric

GlennRobSmith
  • USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jul 6, 2016 12:17AM

Excellent  the belief is you were able to fully test and ensured your data was not lost( the belief is you are on 11.1.2.4.X) when you performed this process. If so other folks on the forum will certainly benefit from the information.

This discussion has been closed.