• 2,260,823 Discussions
  • 7,897,380 Comments

Discussions

Services not getting started, Rapid Hyperion Planning Installation

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Dec 1, 2016 11:33PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I have done rapid installation of Hyperion Planning (EPMA,CalMgr, Essbase and planning )11.1.2.4 on 8 gb i5.

Unfortunately i cant't get the all the services start.

These are some the errors i am getting from validate.sh:

[EPMCFG] [ERROR] [EPMCFG-01077] [oracle.EPMCFG] [tid: 40] [ecid: 0000LWuxjVaEoIWzLwmJOA1O7rdn00000W,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.cis.utils.HttpUtils] Error getting response code from http://hpmachine:80/interop/logon - Bad response code: 404

[EPMVLD-02001] [oracle.EPMVLD] [tid: 60] [ecid: 0000LWuxm13EoIWzLwmJOA1O7rdn00000o,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.cis.validation.checkers.impl.ExternalChecker]   This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

[EPMVLD] [TRACE] [EPMVLD-02001] [oracle.EPMVLD] [tid: 61] [ecid: 0000LWuxoQsEoIWzLwmJOA1O7rdn00000p,0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.cis.validation.checkers.impl.ExternalChecker]   <p><a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=62293&IIS70Error=404,0,0x80070002,9600">View more information &raquo

I couldn't made any sense from these logs.

Plus i couldn't find much information in EMPServer0.log

I didn't install OHS instead i am using inbuilt web server of weblogic.
Could it be the reason?

Kindly help guys.

Regards

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Nov 9, 2016 2:21PM

Are you saying you followed the rapid document document? - Rapid Deployment of Oracle Hyperion Planning in Development Environments

If so did you use the same versions of specified OS, database, did you follow the sames steps in the document, were all the prereq and deployment tasks successful

It is just you mention validate.sh which would be *nix type operating systems

What do you mean you couldn't find much information in EPMServer0.log, are there no errors.

Are you using the correct port to connect as web apps / web server should be deployed on 9000 if it was a rapid deployment

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Nov 9, 2016 2:23PM

For clarity are you stating that you have a virtual software on your machine (e.g VMAre) and that you installed EPM on that VM? What  server is on your VM(Windows Server)?

Ensure you are using a supported  system:

Supported Platforms Matrices - Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System

If you are on a supported  system ensure  you setup meets  the minimum  resource requirements

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E57185_01/EPMIS/ch05s03.html

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Nov 10, 2016 6:24AM

My OS is windows server  2012.

My RDBMS version is 12.1.0.2.0

Planning version is 11.1.2.4

My bad about validate.sh it is validate.bat in actual.

The log (EPMserver0,log) is there  but i can't see any error in the logs.

I can log into HyperionPlanning and workspace. But can't initiallize capex and workforce.

pastedImage_0.png

Can't see my application in calmgr:

pastedImage_2.png

• JanGLi
    edited Nov 10, 2016 6:29AM

It's a physical server not virtual machine.

System is as supported but doesn't meet physical requirements.

I did install HFM machine on 8gb ram and was able to get all the services started properly.

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Nov 10, 2016 6:36AM

So this is not a rapid planning deployment as those are not the specs for rapid planning which I provided the link to.

Can you explain what you mean by rapid planning deployment, are you confusing rapid deployment with a single managed server?

Your issue seems to be changing from the original question which was about services.

From your screenshots the issue is related to Calculation Manager, there should be log information for either planning or calc manager.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Nov 10, 2016 7:21AM

Actually the issue is with the services. Let me share a screenshot of my validate.bat

pastedImage_0.png

And as you said... i think yes i am confusing rapid installation with single managed server.

I thought they both are one and the same thing.

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Nov 10, 2016 7:30AM

What type of web server are you using because it is trying to connect on port 80 which is usually IIS, I think you said you are using the embedded which would default to port 9000 so something looks incorrect in the configuration, maybe you tried to use IIS and then the embedded.

It may be easier to install OHS and then configure to use OHS as the web server.

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Nov 10, 2016 7:30AM

I haven't used IIS instead i am using weblogic embedded web server.

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Nov 10, 2016 7:36AM Answer ✓

It is pointing at port 80 though, as I said it might be easier to install OHS and configure against that.

• JanGLi
    edited Dec 1, 2016 11:33PM

Installing OHS solved the issue.

Though i have to reinstall whole OS

Regards

This discussion has been closed.