• 2,248,356 Discussions
  • 7,861,582 Comments

Discussions

Text-Based data load using FDMEE 11.1.2.210

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jan 18, 2017 8:39AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

FDMEE version 11.1.2.4.210 support text based data loading. the question is does it support that if i am using OIA table?

In which column of aif_open_interface should i insert my text data?

Regards

ThinkFDM

Best Answer

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jan 18, 2017 7:56AM Accepted Answer

John G already provided you the correct answer. This was raised at some point on an earlier thread and one of the members of the board confirmed via Oracle Communication that the functionality is currently only supported for file based data loads.

Notably you certainly always go ahead an file( have your company placed on the list) the enhancement request for this functionality.

Let us know how you make out.

Once you got the clarity you needed remember to mark the thread as answered so members can focus on unanswered questions.

Did Your Question Get Answered in My Oracle Support Community (Doc ID 1180503.1)

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jan 18, 2017 5:34AM

The documentation has the following to say - All Data Types Data Loads

"Using the all data type load method, you can load data files that support the following data types to Oracle Hyperion Planning:"

Based on that and the functionality has just been pushed down from the cloud where files rule then I doubt it is supported yet.

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jan 18, 2017 7:56AM Accepted Answer

John G already provided you the correct answer. This was raised at some point on an earlier thread and one of the members of the board confirmed via Oracle Communication that the functionality is currently only supported for file based data loads.

Notably you certainly always go ahead an file( have your company placed on the list) the enhancement request for this functionality.

Let us know how you make out.

Once you got the clarity you needed remember to mark the thread as answered so members can focus on unanswered questions.

Did Your Question Get Answered in My Oracle Support Community (Doc ID 1180503.1)

• Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,693 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 18, 2017 8:33AM

As stated above, it is only supported for files.

Oracle has not updated the ODI interface for OIA so TDATASEG_T has not the columns for DATA yet

pastedImage_0.png

JanGLiThinkFDM
  • JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
    edited Jan 18, 2017 8:39AM

Thanks for help guys.

I was using the earlier approach...

creating csv file using sql script...

loading that file to load into planning using outline load utility...

automating this by using default os scheduler.

The main issue or draw back of this approach is mapping or at-least for me.

Again thanks for help... and i was about to convey that to client ... shuuu.... thanks god i didn't do that

Regards

This discussion has been closed.