Forum Stats

• 3,814,004 Users
  • 2,258,806 Discussions
  • 7,892,488 Comments

Discussions

Getting a callback from Pick (onMessage-onTaskUpdated) activity in SOA composite

KunalS
KunalS Member Posts: 15
edited Sep 12, 2017 2:45AM in SOA & Process Management

Hi,

In a custom approval workflow, I've tried to use a Pick activity inside a human task activity to detect reassignments of the approval task, however there is no callback received by the workflow on reassignments and the onAlarm/onCompleted activity gets triggered on receiving the callback or when timer goes off.

Please suggest if there is anything wrong with the approach or recommend a new one if this isn't the correct way to go.

Regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 11, 2017 2:24AM

Hi,

I'm not sure how you relate the Pick with the HWF activity. Could you provide some screendumps of the composite, bpel process(es) and task definitions? To show how things relate to each other?

Regards,
    Martien

• KunalS
    edited Sep 11, 2017 6:12AM

Aprroval Process:

bpelProcess.png

Composite:

Composite.PNG

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 12, 2017 2:23AM

Ok.

Those OnMessage branches are those on the HWF partnerlink? And do you get a response there?

As you coded now, you're not getting to the receive unless you had a update, complete or time-out Alarm.

I would think that the receive should be replaced by another branch in your pick. And maybe you should cater for the fact that for instance an Update could occur multiple times.

Also a receive belongs to one invoke, in Async RequestResponse terms (based on WS-Addressing). So if you would catch that response with the Pick, I would not expect another response and thus receive.

Regards,
    Martien

• KunalS
    edited Sep 12, 2017 2:45AM

Hi Martien,

Thanks for the response.

Yes those onMessage branches are on HWF partnerlink. I get a response for an onCompleted operation but non for onAssign or onUpdate operation.

As you said, had placed the receive with another onMessage branch of the pick activity but except for the completed outcome and alarm time out, no other activity id getting triggered.

This discussion has been closed.