• 2,264,322 Discussions
  • 7,905,571 Comments

Discussions

Exclude calculate () from consolidation

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Sep 20, 2017 10:44AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

I wanted to exclude the calculate () routines that i have created in calculation manager when i consolidate. I want to execute calculate manually. How can i achieve this?

HFM version = 11.1.2.4.204

Regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ericerikson
    ericerikson Member Posts: 608 Bronze Trophy
    edited Sep 20, 2017 9:46AM Answer ✓

Hi. You cannot run the Calculate subroutine manually - the consolidation process is coded to look for the subroutine and run it. What you can do is set up a switch. Basically, in the subroutine use a GetCell and a If/Then to see if an intersection has a 1 or not. If 1, then End Sub. If not 1, then skip the switch and proceed through the subroutine normally. Alternatively, if you’re using Calculation Manager, you can create a blank ruleset in the Calculate subroutine and then choose whether the blank or the regular ruleset is marked for deployment.

Eric

Answers

• ericerikson
    ericerikson Member Posts: 608 Bronze Trophy
    edited Sep 20, 2017 9:46AM Answer ✓

Hi. You cannot run the Calculate subroutine manually - the consolidation process is coded to look for the subroutine and run it. What you can do is set up a switch. Basically, in the subroutine use a GetCell and a If/Then to see if an intersection has a 1 or not. If 1, then End Sub. If not 1, then skip the switch and proceed through the subroutine normally. Alternatively, if you’re using Calculation Manager, you can create a blank ruleset in the Calculate subroutine and then choose whether the blank or the regular ruleset is marked for deployment.

Eric

• JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 20, 2017 10:43AM

Thanks for help... what a solution i must say

Regards

This discussion has been closed.