• 2,260,822 Discussions
  • 7,897,379 Comments

Discussions

Internet Speed Issue

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Sep 27, 2017 8:47AM in EPM System Infrastructure

Hi,

I am using Hyperion Planning, Calculation Manager, FDMEE, HFM and Financial Studio Reporting. Base version of all these application is 11.1.2.4.

I work using wifi. My servers are located in different cities (though they are on LAN). The frequent issue i am facing is application getting stuck for no reason.

FDMEE will stuck loading a simple CSV mapping file,

Report will just stuck at processing,

A data form or web grid will just stuck at processing etc etc

the only solution i have is to log off or close the browser and log in again. Which work every-time. The good things is i have opened a command prompt and pinging the server constantly. When ever anything get stuck i look at the ping and this is what it looks like most of the time:

pastedImage_3.png

My theory is that when a request is sent to server and due to timeout or high ping the application didn't get an answer from server due to which it get stuck in processing.
my main goal is to clarify that whether this issue arrives due to internet or bad performance tunning of application.

Regards

rpc1

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:07AM Answer ✓
    JanGLi wrote:I tried it on server and it seems that everything is working fine on it.. except my webogic server.

So it points to network related issue between your access point and the servers, I wouldn't be concerned about the WebLogic admin server if that is what you are referring to.

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 27, 2017 3:27AM

I am not sure how you are connecting to your environments, VPN, direct access over the internet or an internal network?

JanGLi wrote:my main goal is to clarify that whether this issue arrives due to internet or bad performance tunning of application.

If the issue is not happening if you access directly from the server then it could be network related, maybe that is a good start to rule out the issue if you have not tried.

Also if it was app related then I suspect other users would be seeing similar issues.

If you are getting latency, packet drops or timeouts through your network then this is likely going to cause browser  related issues.

Cheers

John

JanGLi
  • rpc1
    rpc1 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited Sep 27, 2017 3:30AM
    My theory is that when a request is sent to server and due to timeout or high ping the application didn't get an answer from server due to which it get stuck in processing.

It looks like a network problem,  you have to ask you administrator to test LAN and check it configuration. if you loss many packages during connection it could be a reason of hanging.

Network could have different issue problems: for example I faced problem when router didn't pass large packages and  ping server_name -l 64000.

JanGLi
  • Madhusudhan. M
    Madhusudhan. M Business Analyst Member Posts: 1,904 Silver Trophy
    edited Sep 27, 2017 3:40AM

Check out with laptops from your place to get clarity on Internet.(If possible)

If you are not facing issue, in server/office network/with other colleagues then it your laptop/internet issue only.

It may be Network issue, because you are getting delay response.

Thanks,

Mady

JanGLi
  • JanGLi
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:00AM

I am accessing application via internal network.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:02AM

I think from all the replies you have enough to go on.

• JanGLi
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:03AM

Thanks for help guys.

I tried it on server and it seems that everything is working fine on it.. except my webogic server.

It doesn't hang but it is quite slow. Sometimes weblogic server is working super fine and some time it is just slow... WLS usually seems slow when i am shuting down the services.

WLS version = 10.3.6.0

• JanGLi
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:06AM

just checked it with colleague he is working using ethernet. it seems that he never faced this issue except for the weblogic one...

Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:07AM Answer ✓
    JanGLi wrote:I tried it on server and it seems that everything is working fine on it.. except my webogic server.

So it points to network related issue between your access point and the servers, I wouldn't be concerned about the WebLogic admin server if that is what you are referring to.

• JanGLi
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:09AM

Yes i was refering to WLS admin server. Is it normal for admin server to behave like that?

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 27, 2017 4:17AM
This discussion has been closed.