Forum Stats

• 3,813,998 Users
  • 2,258,806 Discussions
  • 7,892,481 Comments

Discussions

Unable to Create Java Cloud Service on OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)

1006379 Member Posts: 7
edited Nov 10, 2017 11:11AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi,

As per the link for JCS instance creation --> https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/paas/java-cloud/jscug/creating-custom-oracle-java-cloud-service-instance.html#GUID-C5ADA617-4ADF-497D-8C27-86B7E4FCA184

Invoking the Instance Creation Wizard

To create an Oracle Java Cloud Service instance from the Oracle Java Cloud Service Console, you use the Provision New Java Cloud Service wizard.

To invoke the Provision New Java Cloud Service wizard:

1. Navigate to the Oracle Java Cloud Service Console. ########>> For this step 1, After I logged in to my OCI Console using "https://console.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com/?tenant=vijaytrial",

I don't see Oracle JCS Console' , can you please help here? I can see the "Database" tab but I don't see any Java tab or navigation.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers

• Edi-Oracle
    Edi-Oracle Member Posts: 77 Green Ribbon
    edited Nov 10, 2017 1:36AM

Vijay,

basically, the steps are:

• follow the link you received in the email for the "Sign in to your Oracle Cloud Account and start using your Cloud services:"
    • click Dashboard in top right corner
    • click "Create Instance"
    • Select Java (JCS) and click "Create" buton
    • in the new wizard click "Custom" button in the top right corner
    • now in this wizard in order to deploy your JCS in OCI, you must select an OCI Region ( i.e. "eu-frankfurt-1")
    • once you make the above selection the wizard will start ask other things like Subnet within that OCI Region etc ... ( there are some pre-requisites you need to meet before create any instance in OCI/OCIC - but that is a different topic)

I am attaching  screenshots with for the 3rd and last step mentioned above:

JCS-OCI-0.png

JCS-OCI-1.png

Hope that helps.

1006379 Member Posts: 7
    edited Nov 10, 2017 10:07AM

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I followed the steps you mentioned but in the JCS wizard the drop down list for the Region it doesn't have "eu-frankfurt-1"

It's only US regions. Not sure why it's not listing "eu-frankfurt-1".

How to get the "eu-frankfurt-1" region enabled for my account so that I can have JCS instance on OCI ?

Can I have JCS instance created on OCI (Old name = BMCS) in any of the below US regions ?

pastedImage_0.png

• Edi-Oracle
    Edi-Oracle Member Posts: 77 Green Ribbon
    edited Nov 10, 2017 11:11AM

Vijay,
    yes, you can, Phoenix &  Ashburn are OCI too, see here a list with all the data regions and services per each region you can use (I've just picked Frankfurt cause was recently launched, or because is closed to me geographically :-) )

This discussion has been closed.