- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 73 Insurance
- 537.3K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.6K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Coherence ConcurrentMap methods thread safety
My questions are:
1. Are put() and other mutating methods of ConcurrentMapimplementations have to be atomic? Do we always have to call put() under lock or only if it is a part of compound transaction? Documentation is not clear about it.
2. If I have two identical instances of the same key class, are they considered the same key by lock() or they are locked on independently?
I will appreciate if links are provided.