• 7,901,053 Comments

Discussions

Call rule followed by 'full' Smart Push from Form or Task List

Robert Angel
Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
edited Feb 8, 2018 3:46AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

PBCS

We have a business rule that moves 'working paper' calculations onto specific Accounts.

Following that we have a form where the user invokes a save action to cause a "form member selection limited" smart push.

Is there any way to combine these actions into a single user invoked action that; -

1. First runs the business rule

2. Then runs the smart push - but without member selection limits

The user would need to know that both had finished and the two actions would need to run in that order

Is this currently possible in PBCS?

thanks for your input,

Robert.

Tagged:
Liliya BDan Gagnon

Best Answer

• Dan Gagnon
    Dan Gagnon Member Posts: 844
    edited Feb 7, 2018 11:25AM Answer ✓

yes, but you could encrypt the admin password and give them that, but if the user is savvy, you are also giving them access to run anything in EPM Automate at that point, would be a risk, but could be weighted against the requirement.

Answers

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited Feb 7, 2018 7:10AM

If you are talking about from the from in PBCS, you can run a Business rule on save and then the Smart Push on save

a.jpgb.jpg

Is that what you are looking?

Also, chek these Considerations When Using Smart Push

Regards,

Dayalan P.

Robert Angel
  • Avinash Bhuma
    Avinash Bhuma Member Posts: 150
    edited Feb 7, 2018 7:23AM

Hi,

In addition to  @Dayalan Punniyamoorthy 's point add this too.

If row drop-down menus are enabled on a form, then Smart Push cannot be used.

Robert Angel
  • Robert Angel
    edited Feb 7, 2018 7:27AM

Thanks, I am aware of these and of the limitations - which is why I want to do a full push without the form values - in exactly the same way as you would by manually invoking via; -

pastedImage_0.png

Which works for the entire cube.

Also with the form I was not certain that the rule would run before the push if both are 'on save'?

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited Feb 7, 2018 7:40AM
    Also with the form I was not certain that the rule would run before the push if both are 'on save'?

Yes, at least from the confirmation message the order is first data Saved, then the Rule then the Smart Push.

A Wild thought Since you said you want to run the Map Reporting Application (for the entire Cube data) , Having this as Nighly Job/on an interval to run the rule then the Map Reporting won't help?

Robert Angel
  • Robert Angel
    edited Feb 7, 2018 8:03AM

Thanks, I had thought of having a timed job too, but the end users need to know when the rule / push have completed, as the process tends to be iterative and they would not want to wait for (say) a 15 minute process, and I would not want to schedule it more than that as an unnecessary extra load on the system performance, and possible manual clash with manually invoked pushes.

• Liliya B
    Liliya B Member Posts: 90 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 7, 2018 8:48AM

pastedImage_1.png

Avinash,

Is it  a documented limitation? Just checked on our test env' seems to work OK with 'Enable drop-down for dimensions' optioned enabled. Could you please point me to the documentation of this limitation?

Thanks!

• Liliya B
    Liliya B Member Posts: 90 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 7, 2018 8:51AM

Robert,  'Overwrite Selection' instead of 'Use form Context' will not help?

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 7, 2018 9:50AM

Hi Liliya,

I have used 'Overwrite Selection' but I find that there is a limitation on the scale of combinations that can be pushed via the form that does not exist for the 'admin' push.

Don't know what the difference is in the background as this is PBCS and we cannot see that...

I generally find when I try to configure it it takes a lot of iterations to just get to something that will work for a limited data set.

Liliya B
  • Dan Gagnon
    Dan Gagnon Member Posts: 844
    edited Feb 7, 2018 10:15AM

Since this is PBCS, you could have the users install EPMAutomate and write a small batch script that calls the rule, then calls the mapping.  they could run this on demand from their desktop pretty easily, it would give you that 'one click' job you are after.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 7, 2018 11:19AM

Except if it is a data map that is required to be run that requires admin privileges.

This discussion has been closed.