JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Mar 14, 2018 7:48AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

FDMEE version 11.1.2.4.200

Hyperion Planning: 11.1.2.4.700

Database: 11.2.1.4

Core: 16

RAM: 32 GB

I am trying to use pre-packaged integration with EBS GL using FDMEE. Data import from EBS takes nearly 10-15 minutes but validation is taking more than 2 hours. I am not sure why this is happening and how i can improve performance... my resources are not  being completely used... CPU usage is barely above 5% and ram is barely above 50%. I have set java heap size for erpintegrator0 managed server to 8 GB out of which only 52 percent is being used. I am not sure how can i get FDMEE to use complete resources.

I have installed everything on one server with RDBMS residing on different server. I have 4 multi-dimensional mapping and the record count is nearly .4 million (400,000+). I am not sure how mapping effects performance.

Kindly help me achieve better performance.

Regards

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 13, 2018 8:48AM

Might be worth having a look at a similar question - FDMEE Data load taking too long

Cheers

John

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Mar 13, 2018 11:17AM

We need few details to further diagnose with the issue:

1. Was it working fine before and now it's taking this much time during validation?

2. Does this occurs only for one location or multiples?

3. Do you have any script running during import and validation?

4. What steps in validation took this much longer time? You can take a look into the query being fetched during validation by reviewing process log(log level should set to 5).

5. How does mapping looks like? Have you used any scripts in the mapping?

Also you are in old version of FDMEE, so my suggestion would be to apply the latest FDMEE patch .220 and test the issue.

Regards,

Suresh.

• JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
    edited Mar 14, 2018 7:23AM

1. Was it working fine before and now it's taking this much time during validation?

No, this is new setup.

2. Does this occurs only for one location or multiples?

we have two locations.... this is occurring for both locations...

1st location is for Balance Sheet in which all Profit and Loss accounts are ignored.

2nd location is for Profit and Loss in which Balance Sheet accounts are ignored.

3. Do you have any script running during import and validation?

No

4. What steps in validation took this much longer time? You can take a look into the query being fetched during validation by reviewing process log(log level should set to 5).

Log Level is set to 5.

Step 33 is taking the most time.

pastedImage_4.png

5. How does mapping looks like? Have you used any scripts in the mapping?

If i am correct.... everything is considered as script except explicit... do correct me if i am wrong....

3 dimensions that have multi-dimensional mappings.

1 dimensions have explicit mapping.

9 dimensions have like mapping (they are just mapped to 1 target dimension member)

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Mar 14, 2018 7:48AM

Thanks for the information.

Could you also provide us the process log for the steps that took this much longer time?

Check with your DBA and see which query in DB takes a longer time.

You can try to reduce the number of mappings, especially multi-dimension mappings and test the outcome.

This discussion has been closed.