• 2,264,260 Discussions
  • 7,905,437 Comments

Discussions

HFM Patch 206 or 205

Mikkis
Mikkis Member Posts: 223 Blue Ribbon
edited May 21, 2018 11:07AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi

So I have applied the patch 206 hoping it would fix the issue Stopped consolidation enters scheduled stop status but never actually stops. This is actually defect fixed on 205 version but not on 206 per Read Me. But I have thought 206 would include all the fixes from 205 as well as any new fixes, i mean the Hyperion patches are cumulative. Am I wrong? Because it is still the issue even after applying patch 206. Cannot stop consolidations. It says Scheduled stop and parent members keep consolidating even though I stopped it.

Mikkis

Tagged:

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited May 15, 2018 8:18PM

For clarity, not all patches are cumulative. Some patches are for specific items (e.g Patch Set Exception). You would need to read the readme to understand if the patch is for a specific item or cumulative.

There are Details about patches in general on the Oracle site for example the below:

Available Patch Sets and Patch Set Updates for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Products (Doc ID 1400559.1)

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25290_01/doc.60/e25224/patchesupdates.htm

• Chandra Bhojan-Oracle
    Chandra Bhojan-Oracle Posts: 198 Employee
    edited May 16, 2018 5:12AM

Hi Mikkis,

HFM 206 patch is a cumulative patch that includes all the previous patch fixes. I suspect that the issue you are facing may be a regression in 206.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, please submit an SR with support to investigate further.

Thanks,

Chandra

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited May 17, 2018 11:53AM

If a subcube (scenario/year/entity combination) is already started, HFM must wait for it to finish before we can stop. This is to prevent future integrity issue.

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited May 17, 2018 12:21PM

How long are you waiting for the consolidations to finish?  I know we used to have the issue, but we're able to stop our consolidations on 206.  I believe Suresh is correct and it may just be that if you try to stop a consolidation, it needs to finish the current entity it's working on(it can't immediately stop mid calculate) so if you're in the middle of 8 entities due to multithreading and you are working with high levels, there could be a long delay while it finishes.

It shouldn't take longer to stop than a normal consolidation though.  That was happening during the original bug regarding the issue.  So if I had a 30 minute consolidation, trying to stop it would just freeze it and even an hour later it still wouldn't stop.

• Mikkis
    Mikkis Member Posts: 223 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 21, 2018 11:07AM

Hi Joe,

Our consolidations take around 90 min. When I stop when the consolidation is at base level, it stops immediately, but when I try to stop at parent level, like the levels 3-5 (level 1 being highest parent), it won't stop immediately. It just keep running until the time it normally takes to consolidate that period if we don't kill it. It never froze on us.

Mikkis

This discussion has been closed.