Forum Stats

• 3,853,749 Users
  • 2,264,264 Discussions
  • 7,905,440 Comments

Discussions

Translate in Smartview Forms

961756 Member Posts: 16
edited Jul 9, 2018 6:03AM in Financial Consolidation

When I build a form in Workspace, I have an option to translate currency from entity currency to default currency in the forms.  However, when I import the form into Excel, it looks like I don't have that option. Does anyone if this is an option that I can turn on or is the translate turned off by default when you import a form. However, it looks like when you do an ad hoc in Excel, the translate option is there. Thanks, Trung

Tagged:

Answers

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Jul 4, 2018 5:45AM

Are you using HFM? If yes, which version are we talking about here?

Can you provide the screenshot with the option to translate the currency in form?

• Paul L
    Paul L Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 5, 2018 10:43AM

You can't do translate when using SmartView functionality but you can in a Ad-Hoc.

This is the same with calculations and consolidations where you can in Ad-Hoc but not using SmartView functions.

edited Jul 5, 2018 2:57PM

Hi Paul:

Thank you for your response.  So when I bring in a form that was built in workspace, in Excel,  the  consolidation and translate  functionality is  no longer an option?

In Workspace, the 'Translate' function is there for the form.

acqTranslate.png

When the form is brought into Excel,  the 'Translate' is no longer a function.

acqTranslateSmartView.png

• SureshM-Oracle
    edited Jul 6, 2018 4:42AM

Yes, as stated by Paul this feature is not available in Smart View functions.

You might want to look at the following KM:

• Chandra Bhojan-Oracle
    Chandra Bhojan-Oracle Posts: 198 Employee
    edited Jul 6, 2018 9:30AM

Hi Paul- I don't think we can do Consolidate / Translate / Calculate even from Ad-Hoc also. Currently Smart view does not support those activities in any manner for HFM. It is available only for FCCS.

Thanks,

Chandra

• Paul L
    Paul L Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 6, 2018 9:44AM

Hi Chandra,

Ad-hoc does support Calculate/Translate/Consolidate. See the screenshot below:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

We also utilise the VBA functionality for Consolidate and Translate here using the functions HypConsolidate & HypForceTranslate.

I think Trung is used to having this in Ad-Hoc and when he extracts the forms from HFM it looks very similar to an Ad-Hoc but it isn't.

• Chandra Bhojan-Oracle
    Chandra Bhojan-Oracle Posts: 198 Employee
    edited Jul 6, 2018 10:29AM

Sorry . I was wrong. Thank you Paul..

• SureshM-Oracle
    edited Jul 6, 2018 10:38AM

Yes, through VBA you can achieve this option. Without using the VBA functionality, you will see only the Calculate option when connected to SmartView spreadsheet using HFM as datasource.  The above KM and associated bug talks about Consolidation option in SmartView.

edited Jul 6, 2018 7:16PM

Thank you all for your time and answer to my question. I appreciate it.

• SureshM-Oracle
    edited Jul 9, 2018 6:03AM

Please feel free to close this thread if you have got the required information. You can mark answer correct or helpful.

This discussion has been closed.