apps-infra

Forum Stats

• 3,873,697 Users
  • 2,266,629 Discussions
  • 7,911,601 Comments

Discussions

Export email text to csv from description field.

3774921 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I want to create a service request from my data base to export emails text and other columns to csv file. I can select the subject filed but for some reason can't find an option to select the description filed that contains the emails message. Is that possible ?

Thanks,

Artur 

Tagged:

Answers

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,778 Gold Crown
    edited Sep 3, 2018 8:02PM
    3774921 wrote:Hi,I want to create a service request from my data base to export emails text and other columns to csv file. I can select the subject filed but for some reason can't find an option to select the description filed that contains the emails message. Is that possible ? Thanks,Artur 

Who knows?

It's your database, your tables, your 'description field' (column?).  We have no idea what's there or what you really want to do with it.

How about if you provide a CREATE TABLE statement and some INSERT statements to populate the table with some representative data, so participants can set up a test on their own system ... as well as better understand what you are working with.  Then a better description of exactly what you want to produce from said data, explaining the logic on how the output is produced from the input.

• Gaz in Oz
    Gaz in Oz Member Posts: 3,785 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 3, 2018 8:31PM

What client tool are you using to "view" the data?

. Oracle sqlplus ("set markup csv on", avaliable in 12.2.0.1.0 and above).

. Oracle sqlcl ("set sqlformat csv", "select /*csv*/ col1,... coln from table" comment directive)

. Oracle sql developer (right-mouse-click in the worksheet grid results and use the Export wizard, "select /*csv*/...")

are all capable of retrieving data in csv format.

This discussion has been closed.
apps-infra