• 2,264,422 Discussions
  • 7,905,786 Comments

Discussions

Migrate HFM Application from Production to UAT via DB Restoration

User_AAD34
User_AAD34 Member Posts: 43 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 22, 2018 4:42AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

I have EPM with HFM version 11.1.2.2 and Oracle Database version 11.2.0.3 in my Production environment.

I just installed a new server to act as an UAT server.

So here we have one running Production and one freshly installed UAT.

For the migration, I moved Production HFM DB to UAT HFM DB, meaning currently both have the same HFM DB.

But after moving, I cannot see any application in Consolidation Administration in UAT server, cos I believe i need to register it in Shared services.

Any step that I probably missed?

I will really appreciate any hints.

Thanks.

Tagged:
User_AAD34

Answers

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 7, 2018 5:33PM

You are importing the schema into a new version? I assume you mean 11.1.2.3. Have you run the schema upgrade?

User_AAD34
  • User_AAD34
    User_AAD34 Member Posts: 43 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 18, 2018 10:39AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to register my application after I reconfigured HFM database. Database had the same version but the problem is password of HFM schema was different between production and UAT. UAT password was replaced when database was being migrated from Production.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks again

• Madhusudhan. M
    Madhusudhan. M Principal Consultant Member Posts: 1,908 Silver Trophy
    edited Oct 22, 2018 4:42AM

How come simple schema export and import will work with hfm. Your Production schema/DB will be pointing to your Prod DB, UAT schema will be pointing to UAT DB. If you get Prod schema to UAT, how come connectivity will get establish??

Now you can do like below:

1st method: Reconfigure HFM using epm configurator and use option ""reuse existing database"" and after that check out for applications, if need to register with shared services.

OR

2nd method: create new schema and reconfigure HFM with new schema. Then run copy utility from Prod schema(which you migrated from to UAT) to UAT hfm schema.

Thanks,

Mady

This discussion has been closed.