• 2,262,398 Discussions
  • 7,900,750 Comments

Discussions

increase source value column limit in FDMEE data load mapping

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Nov 26, 2018 3:02AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

I am creating FDMEE  data load mapping but unfortunately my source value contains nearly 100 letters

E.g

PHARMA - AMBER - STANDARD BOTTLES 60 ML (25 PP) RING BROWN 73GM-FURNACE-6 MANUFACTURED

When i try to create explicit data load mapping manually it removes the extra letters and my mapping becomes like this

PHARMA - AMBER - STANDARD BOTTLES 60 ML (25 PP) RING BROWN 73GM-FURNACE-6 M

pastedImage_5.png

I tried increasing srckey limit in these tables...

TDATAMAP_STG

TDATAMAP_T

TDATAMAPSEG

TDATAMAP

but still can't enter complete value in explicit mapping.

Kindly guide if this is do-able and if yes is it recommended to change structure of standard tables without oracle knowing?

Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.4.008

FDMEE 11.1.2.4.220

Linux 6.6

Our source is custom table

Regards

Answers

• user6692921
    user6692921 Member Posts: 179 Silver Badge
    edited Nov 23, 2018 7:10AM

The display in the workspace doesn't always reflect the amount of space available in the database. The 210 patch increased the length of the source member from 75 to 80 but the workspace still only displays 75. So while you can increase the database columns to hold your source members you won't see the full member in the workspace. Personally I avoid updating the database schema if at all possible because it won't be supported by Oracle and there are links to many other tables and then you might have to update ODI and the AIF tables. Too difficult and not easy to replicate accurately across environments.

I would look at either trimming the source custom table or the srckey field by using an Import script. Then you have the problem of whether to trim it to 75 (so you can see the whole source member) or 80 because that's what it holds. You always have the trial balance reports to tie back to the source. They should automatically display 80 characters.

• Rajesh CP-Oracle
    Rajesh CP-Oracle Posts: 102 Employee
    edited Nov 24, 2018 2:44AM

It is not recommended to change the table structure of any fdmee tables.

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,192 Bronze Crown
    edited Nov 26, 2018 3:02AM

It is doable. However, if you have a support agreement with Oracle and you change the table structures you will most likely be invalidating this for any future issues you may have. It is not just the data mapping tables you will need to modify, the data tables also have the same character limitation so you will not be able to import the full 100 character source value without modifying these as well