• 2,263,993 Discussions
  • 7,904,763 Comments

Discussions

PBCS - Data Form Security ?

elwayisgod
elwayisgod Member Posts: 103 Green Ribbon
edited Mar 11, 2019 5:57AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

When migrating Data Forms over from Test to Prod, the security on Data Forms and Data Form folders isn't coming over.   Am I missing something?  I'm looking at the migration exports and trying to drill down to the xml files to find it, but can't find it anywhere.

It has to be there correct?  Or am I looking in wrong area?  I'm only seeing the security for the Groups and Memberships on main screen.   Under the Planning folder I see Security->Access Permissions->Groups/Users.  Isn't it in there?

Thanks for any guidance as we are importing both and the Data Forms and Folders don't get security applied.   Is it possible it's one of those things that don't show up right away?  I know LCM is goofy on PBCS

Thanks!!

AL.

Best Answer

• AL.
    AL. Member Posts: 265 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 8, 2019 7:56AM Answer ✓

I have a SR open with Oracle regarding this issue.

It seems to be a bug, the problem is the import dont create the groups for some reason.

So the workaround is to create the groups manually adding the users to the proper group and then import the planning security artifact through LCM.

Best Regards,

Answers

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 8, 2019 2:55AM

Take an export of the security folder through application management.

Download an unzip the result.

Look in 'YourTopLevelPlanName/resource/security/AccessPermissions/Groups' - there you will see an XML file for each group, if you open any up with the editor of your choice and search for FORM you should find exactly what you have configured in the application for form folder security.

<acl>

<name>CC Team A</name>

<objectName>Costs Budget</objectName>

<objectType>SL_FORMFOLDER</objectType>

<parent>/</parent>

<accessMode>READ</accessMode>

<flag>@IDESCENDANTS&lt;/flag>

<isUser>N</isUser>

</acl>

This is what you are migrating to pass security.

Not had any problem with this to be honest...

elwayisgod
  • AL.
    edited Mar 8, 2019 7:56AM Answer ✓

I have a SR open with Oracle regarding this issue.

It seems to be a bug, the problem is the import dont create the groups for some reason.

So the workaround is to create the groups manually adding the users to the proper group and then import the planning security artifact through LCM.

Best Regards,

• Robert Angel
    edited Mar 8, 2019 8:18AM

You are correct, the groups do take manual creation in the environment first, only then does the assignments work.

if you do get them to recognise a bug would you kindly quote the number here for others' benefit?

AL.elwayisgod
  • AL.
    edited Mar 8, 2019 8:38AM
  • Robert Angel
    edited Mar 8, 2019 9:13AM
  • elwayisgod
    elwayisgod Member Posts: 103 Green Ribbon
    edited Mar 9, 2019 9:59AM

Wow.  He ensured the folders were created and re-imported.  It blew all the groups away and now no security.  I think he's logging a SR with ORacle.

• AL.
    edited Mar 11, 2019 5:57AM

Yes it happens! Just import the planning security after creating the groups manually and the security will be applied!

If you import the shared services module the groups'll disapear.

Best Regards,