• 2,260,619 Discussions
  • 7,896,865 Comments

Discussions

Removing only EPMA services

rpc1
rpc1 Member Posts: 1,503
edited Mar 11, 2019 6:12AM in EPM System Infrastructure

I have  installed EPMA services but don't use it

What is a right way to remove it from configurator ?

I didn't found how to remove deployment in EPM configurator and removed it using Uninstaller.

But it still exists in deployments and services list

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

what is a right way to remove EPMA services from Hyperion EPM 11.1.2.4  if it already installed and configured ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 11, 2019 3:53AM Answer ✓

The problem as you have found is that unistalling does not always remove the configuration, there is not really a simple method if the product is deployed to an epm instance which has other products configured against it, if it was deployed to a separate epm instance then there is the possibility of using the remove epm instance utility, though even that is not perfect.

The best option can sometimes be just to disable it. If you definitely want to remove it all then you will probably have a look at manually removing it but it can be messy.

Cheers

John

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 11, 2019 3:53AM Answer ✓

The problem as you have found is that unistalling does not always remove the configuration, there is not really a simple method if the product is deployed to an epm instance which has other products configured against it, if it was deployed to a separate epm instance then there is the possibility of using the remove epm instance utility, though even that is not perfect.

The best option can sometimes be just to disable it. If you definitely want to remove it all then you will probably have a look at manually removing it but it can be messy.

Cheers

John

• rpc1
    rpc1 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited Mar 11, 2019 6:07AM

Thanks, John!

I agree with you, I'm going to simply disable unused service.