• 2,264,236 Discussions
  • 7,905,388 Comments

Discussions

HFM EPMA to FCCS migration

IAmAddy
IAmAddy Member Posts: 9 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 18, 2019 2:46PM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

We are exploring the options to migrate Hyperion Financial Management Application (HFM) Created in EPMA (version 11.1.2.4) from on prem to EPM cloud (FCCS). While trying to migrate the metadata using the Oracle support note - HFM to EPM Cloud Migration Utilities (Doc ID 2420798.1), there is a step to export the metadata from HFM via LCM as follows:

- Navigate...Administer...Shared Services Console...

- Select 'Application Groups"

- Select the group that your app is under...

- Single-click on the application name

- Under "Configuration", check the "Properties" checkbox

- Click the "Dimensions" check box

- Click the Export button

I don't find the "Dimensions" for my application. There is only properties under configuration. Is it because it is created in EPMA? Is there a separate document to migrate the metadata for the applications created in EPMA?

pastedImage_3.png

I am new to Hyperion world and any help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards.

Tagged:
USER1211Bryan Meek-OracleIAmAddy

Answers

• Aravind_L
    Aravind_L Member Posts: 413 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 29, 2019 11:26AM

Since it is an EPMA application - look under Foundation -->EPMA-->Application Metadata

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited May 30, 2019 3:02PM

If you are doing this just to play around, you could try creating a copy of the HFM application using Consolidation Administration > Applications > right-click and duplicate application. Exclude Data and Audit info. This will give you an empty shell with the application now a "classic" application. From there you should be able to export the dimensions within LCM and play with the application migration utility.

If this is "for real" I suggest you forget about the utility and go about designing the application from the ground up. If you are new to Hyperion you should engage a consultant to aid with application design.

- Chris

USER1211Bryan Meek-OracleIAmAddy
  • IAmAddy
    IAmAddy Member Posts: 9 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 18, 2019 2:46PM

Thank you. Your reply was very helpful.