Forum Stats

• 3,854,123 Users
  • 2,264,322 Discussions
  • 7,905,571 Comments

Discussions

EPU not working for new equity entities for a certain month only due to derive data cell

Kate Geronimo
Kate Geronimo Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 15, 2019 1:00PM in Financial Consolidation

I have been having a trouble trying to make EPU work for a number of new equity entities for the month of April. Below are the items to consider and observed:

1. Current HFM rules file has been updated to add the new equity entities in the EPU module

2. Prior period were consolidated and calculated without any issues

3. Percentages are correct for all months

4. Issue not replicated in lower environments. Meaning these entities for April are working fine.

5. Upon checking, these specific data intersections in production have derived data cells for April only. All other months are input cells

6. Rules file update was made during the April close.

7. All other EPU entities are working fine except for the newly added ones

8. The new EPU entities are preexisting in the system and have been having data in them

9. These entities are mostly non-USD entities

It seems that the calculation is not running against it because of it being derived. What's causing these specific POV data cells to be derived?

Please see sample below.

pastedImage_1.png

Child: C9625

Controlling: C9642

Tagged:

Best Answer

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Jun 17, 2019 8:51AM Answer ✓

I'm not aware of EPU having problems with derived data, so I would pursue this first as a data-related rules issue. Have you tried debugging Sub EquityPickup to see whether the rule is reading this data? You can debug it using WriteToFile just like any other rule. Normally rules do not distinguish between derived data and input/calculated data. There is only one function that does which is HS.GetCellRealData. Look for this in your rules. If you don't see it, then it should not matter if its derived.

- Chris

Answers

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Jun 17, 2019 8:51AM Answer ✓

I'm not aware of EPU having problems with derived data, so I would pursue this first as a data-related rules issue. Have you tried debugging Sub EquityPickup to see whether the rule is reading this data? You can debug it using WriteToFile just like any other rule. Normally rules do not distinguish between derived data and input/calculated data. There is only one function that does which is HS.GetCellRealData. Look for this in your rules. If you don't see it, then it should not matter if its derived.

- Chris

• Kate Geronimo
    Kate Geronimo Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 15, 2019 1:00PM

Thank you, Chris.

We did all the debugging just like what you said and it really doesn't matter if the data is derived. We just had to rerun the calculation and it all went fine.

We don't know what happened the first time though.