• 3,759,019 Users
  • 2,251,491 Discussions
  • 7,870,470 Comments

Discussions

Export to Excel issue in FDQM 11.1.2.2 version

HypMan
HypMan Member Posts: 13 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 27, 2019 12:32AM in Financial Data Management

We are facing the below issue when trying to Export the excel file using FDQM v11.1.2.2. Below is the error message:

Activities -> Maps -> Export to Excel:

Error: Microsoft Office Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space.

• To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need.

• To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.

Issue from both web and server side. Restarted FDM and done IIS reset but facing the same issue.

Tagged:

Answers

• WPaffhausen
    WPaffhausen Member Posts: 412
    edited Aug 20, 2019 3:59PM

I would check the Server's TaskManager for actual running EXCEL processes and make sure they are all terminated.  A restart of the server might also be a good option.  Not all process are handled via IIS.... and FDQM isn't a "service" to be restarted unless the server is restarted.

• HypMan
    edited Aug 26, 2019 3:46AM

I do not see Excel processes running in Task Manager. I can see it only when I open Excel and disappears when the Excel file is closed.

The server is restarted and I have tested the issue again but getting the same error.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 26, 2019 8:46AM

Have a search for "Microsoft Office Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space" and you will see results with possible solutions that you can try, it could be related to security where the Excel process won't be able to fully start.

• HypMan
    edited Aug 27, 2019 12:32AM

Thank you John.
    I have searched with the error message in google and tried all the suggestions related to it.

Still facing the same issue and none of the suggestions worked. Couple of suggestions that we tried are, Excel Options-> Trust settings, Full control to everyone, system and users...