• 3,872,930 Users
  • 2,266,490 Discussions
  • 7,911,388 Comments

Discussions

Connection from FDMEE with Oracle ESB

User_9CXTP
User_9CXTP Member Posts: 5 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 27, 2019 12:27PM in Financial Data Management

I want to make a connection from an import format from Oracle Data Quality Management with the Oracle's ERP E-Business Suite (EBS). I know there's an adapter for this, but the problem is that the FDMEE installation is on the cloud (EPM FDMEE deployment with a cloud provider), and the EBS is on-premise. Do I need something different for this connection? maybe a VPN? I know it should be through JDBC connectivity, but I'm not sure how is this FDMEE (cloud deployment) going to be able to see the EBS data?

Tagged:
User_9CXTP

Answers

• WPaffhausen
    WPaffhausen Member Posts: 412
    edited Aug 23, 2019 3:49PM

Yes you will need some sort of network connection between the onpremise and the cloud to route the required traffic.  The connection does not leverage the web-browser and is done at a server-to-server level.

User_9CXTPUser_9CXTP
  • User_9CXTP
    edited Aug 23, 2019 4:12PM

Thanks WPaffhausen. Do you suggest a VPN would be enough? or is there a better option?

Do you maybe have an example of real life with the connection stablished? Do I need something specific on the url for the connection?

• WPaffhausen
    WPaffhausen Member Posts: 412
    edited Aug 23, 2019 8:24PM

For out of the box integrations via the "adaptors" you can only integrate with what is registered within the same Workspace/SharedServices.  If your onpremise applications are not within the same EPM environment then all you can do is complete custom solutions.  To do that you will need to look up the Essbase JAPI.

Honestly It would be best to find out how to establish a network connection and then have your applications registered to the same EPM Workspace/SharedServices for seamless integration.

User_9CXTP
  • JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 25, 2019 1:54PM

When you say FDMEE is in the cloud do you mean it is Data Management in EPM Cloud or is it an EPM FDMEE deployment with a cloud provider like AWS, Azure, OCI

If it is Data Management then there is no connection to on-premise E-Business Suite (EBS), well until the integration agent is released.

Also you mention EBS and ESB, are you referring to Essbase or EBS. I assume your source is EBS and is that on-premise or a cloud provider, what is the target and where is that location.

If it is an EPM FDMEE deployment with a cloud provider and you need to connect to on-premise EBS you will need to JDBC connectivity between the cloud and on-premise.

Providing more detail in your original question can help.

Cheers

John

User_9CXTPUser_9CXTP
  • User_9CXTP
    edited Aug 26, 2019 5:00PM

thank you very much JohnGoodwi, I just updated the question.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 27, 2019 2:34AM

It can all depend on your cloud provider, if it is AWS then you can look into VPC and Direct Connect. It will need involvement from your network team.

Alternatively you could have a database view created against EBS which extracts the required data, this could produce a file which is uploaded to your cloud environment. This process would need to be developed.

User_9CXTP
  • User_9CXTP
    edited Aug 27, 2019 11:41AM

Thanks JohnGoodwin , it's actually Oracle Cloud