Forum Stats

• 3,853,565 Users
  • 2,264,240 Discussions
  • 7,905,391 Comments

Discussions

Data Management: Filtering out data from ERP for a dimension that does not exist in PBCS

t.walker
t.walker Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 9, 2019 4:59PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

Account combinations exist that I would like to see excluded from data integration.  The source is an Oracle Financial system.  Both systems (PBCS & ERP) have the ACCOUNT dimension.  ERP has a custom dimension that does not exist in PBCS.  The user wants to see

• Any Account data for which the custom dimension does not have a value/uses the default value
  • Account data for a specific member of the custom dimension

Since this dimension does not exist in PBCS, I can not ignore the members I do not want to see.  How can I filter out members of a dimension that do not exist in my target system?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 9, 2019 11:47AM Answer ✓

In Data Management, for the target PBCS application you could add a lookup dimension. lookup dimensions are not loaded to the target.

Then you could map the lookup dimension to the custom financials dimension in the import format and perform data load mappings against it.

Cheers

John

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 9, 2019 11:47AM Answer ✓

In Data Management, for the target PBCS application you could add a lookup dimension. lookup dimensions are not loaded to the target.

Then you could map the lookup dimension to the custom financials dimension in the import format and perform data load mappings against it.

Cheers

John

• t.walker
    edited Sep 9, 2019 1:52PM

Hi JohnGoodwin,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am trying to test this out in a lower environment.  How do I know which data table column name is correct?  I looked around google, it is the TDATASEG staging table.  I looked up the TDATASEG Table Reference, but I didn't see anything that could help me identify the data table column name that represents the custom dimension.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 9, 2019 3:18PM

You just select a UD column that is not being currently used in the target app.

• t.walker
    edited Sep 9, 2019 4:59PM

Thank you John.  I created the lookup dimension and see that dimension as an option on the member mapping page