• 3,826,620 Users
  • 2,260,682 Discussions
  • 7,897,038 Comments

Discussions

Open LDAP user attributes and email notification

Jaun Eliya
Jaun Eliya Member Posts: 22

Hi,

I configured the email notifications from oracle enterprise manager. Email notifications are working fine for internal ldap users. But when i am assigning application roles to open ldap users email is not working for them and is there any way that i can resolve this issues.?

Thanks

Jaun Eliya

Answers

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 13, 2019 4:39AM

Hi,

Are the email attributes of the users the same? I would compare an embedded ldap user with an OpenLDAP user. Check of the attributes that contains the email adress are exactly, litterally and case sensitively, exact the same.

Regards,
    Martien

Jaun Eliya
  • Jaun Eliya
    edited Sep 13, 2019 5:59AM

hi,

-sorry but i dont understand what u said: " I would compare an embedded ldap user with an OpenLDAP user"

-i search the the group while assigning the roles and i was able to see the group just selected it and saved it.

-No emails are not same openLdap group have different users and embedded have different.

thanks

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 13, 2019 8:25AM

You mentioned that you tried assigning users or a group from the embedded LDAP to a BPM role and that worked: emails were send. Correct?

If I understand correctly, you did the same with OpenLDAP groups or users, and it did not work.

I assume that you look to the email of specific users.

Now take a user from the group from the embedded LDAP. Most particularly, the one that received an email.

Then take a user from OpenLDAP, that is in the group that you expect to get email notifications. And then compare the attributes. To be able to get an email, the user in OpenLDAP needs to have set an email-address. That email address is registered in OpenLDAP in a particular attribute.

Given my script as described in https://blog.darwin-it.nl/2017/12/create-soabpm-demo-user-community-with.html  I assume Weblogic/BPM expects the users email address in the 'email' attribute in OpenLDAP. It should be named exactly like that. I can imagine that in OpenLDAP the email addresses are registered in a slightly different named attribute. For instance 'emailaddress', 'emailAddress', 'Email', etc. And that BPM just does not find the attribute.

Regards,
    Martien

• Jaun Eliya
    edited Sep 14, 2019 8:33AM

"

You mentioned that you tried assigning users or a group from the embedded LDAP to a BPM role and that worked: emails were send. Correct?

If I understand correctly, you did the same with OpenLDAP groups or users, and it did not work."

-yes sir this is what happen

-In embedded ldap users there is an attribute "mail" for email and i checked it for OpenLdap user it has the same attribute "mail" for email

Thanks