• 2,264,048 Discussions
  • 7,904,882 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE - User access to bactch and data load rule details

AlexZh
AlexZh Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 19, 2019 11:50AM in Financial Data Management

Hello everyone,

We have the question regarding to access of current user to batches and data load rules details.

We have the following process:

- User executes the custom script

- This script calls the .bat file which in return call the batch in which we have defined two data load rules

- When the user execute the custom script, they can see the process details only related to the custom script, but not related to the batch file and data load rule

- Inside the .bat file we're calling RunBatch.bat file and for the parameters we provide different user id (custadmin/password/batch name)

- Since because the batch is executed by custadmin, I believe the user is not able to see the process details

Is there a way to allow end users (not admins) to see the batches and data load rules in Process Details Tab?

Also we're not sure how to get the user id and password on the fly rather the hardcoded user id while executing the custom script, even if I do so the user id and the password will be spooled in to log file, if I'm correct.

Answers

• user6692921
    user6692921 Member Posts: 179 Silver Badge
    edited Sep 19, 2019 6:55AM

I don't think you can control who can see the logs for other users except by making the user an admin. As for the user id and password, the password is not written to the log file. You can use the encrypted method for passing in the password - search the admin guide for encryptpassword for details.

You certainly have a wacky process for executing two data load rules. If it were me I would look for a different way of doing it where the user executes the batch (Batch Group per user with a custom script to create them plus a check in the before batch script to make sure the current user id matches the batch name - off the top of my head for possible method).

• AlexZh
    edited Sep 19, 2019 7:47AM

Thanks for your reply.

Let me elobrate the entire requirment. I need the extract data from 2 different planning application and consolidate them in to one single flat file. This flat file shoud be in multi period format and it should be available for end user to download. 

Steps which I have followed to achieve the requirement,

1. Created the Custom Application in FDMEE

2. Designed the data load rules with 2 different planning application as source 

3. Created the custom script via Jython to convert the data in to multi period format and merge 2 file in to one

4. Created a batch to execute the both data load rule and to call the Custom script.  Inside a batch I have updated the start and end period parameter for which the data should be extracted.

5. Bat file to call the batch (where I am using parameteres like custadmin, password and batchname)

6. One more Custom script to call this .bat file which user will execute from their end.

I felt this is the best way of achieving the requirment but the missing process details to the end user put all my works in vain. Do you think is there any other better solution ?

• user6692921
    user6692921 Member Posts: 179 Silver Badge
    edited Sep 19, 2019 11:01AM

So the requirement is to extract data from 2 planning sources and combine the data into one file multi period format. The extract is done by the 2 jobs on the batch definition. You can make your custom data conversion script the After Batch script so that it is executed automatically after the two data load rules have executed. You can then create a Before Batch script that will update the start and end data extract parameters. This means that the user only needs to execute the batch definition all within FDMEE without logging on and off.

Did I miss anything out?

• AlexZh
    edited Sep 19, 2019 11:29AM

The problem is that I raised earlier that we now have approximately 12 business units and users for each BU, and each user must have access only for appropriate batch (with appropriate data load rules).

FDMEE - Separate access for batches for different HSS users

Can we control this process in Before batch scripts?

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,192 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 19, 2019 11:50AM

Weren't you told this could be done in that thread FDMEE - Separate access for batches for different HSS users ?

Before Batch Scripts are just standard Custom scripts linked in to the Batch Definition so you can do pretty much what you want with a bit of creative thinking.