• 2,251,194 Discussions
  • 7,869,721 Comments

Discussions

FDM - 11.1.2.3.500 - Trying to run a load rule via batch

User_BP7C5
User_BP7C5 Member Posts: 29 Green Ribbon
edited Dec 6, 2019 11:44AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

We are trying to run a load rule via batch.  We have set the EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE environment variable.

Here's the batch we are attempting to run.

2019-12-05_8-26-56.png

It looks like it tries to do something then we get this.  We are not connecting to any source ERP system so not sure why it would be trying to use ERPi.  It's been eons since we have even thought about ERPi.  The load rule we are running we can manually execute via the client with no issues.  This is our first attempt at trying to automate this so please forgive our ignorance.  We do this with no issues on PBCS and later versions of FDMEE, but this instance unfortunately is 11.1.2.3.500

Any guidance is appreciated as we are stuck in the mud

pastedImage_0.png

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Dec 5, 2019 10:48AM

I am not sure if this is your issue but you are not running the batch script from the correct directory. Have a look at the location specified in the documentation - Working with Batch Scripts

Also it is possible the spaces in the period names could cause a problem, can't be sure though.

Cheers

John

• User_BP7C5
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:16AM

Would that apply being we are not FDMEE?

• User_BP7C5
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:16AM

Would that apply being we are not FDMEE?  Or maybe we do?  When I provision in Workspace I see FDMEE as a choice.  Now it's possible we have it, how would we know?  Is there a URL to connect to it I assume?

2019-12-05_9-13-34.png

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:27AM

The batch script you are trying to use is for FDMEE

User_BP7C5
  • JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:33AM

Navigating FDMEE informs you how to access FDMEE

User_BP7C5
  • User_BP7C5
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:50AM

OK.  So we got that loaddata.bat script from our server directory:   C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\bin

Are you saying that is FDMEE not FDQM?   Because we only use FDQM manually.   It's the old one with the client...

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 5, 2019 12:03PM

The loaddata.bat script is for FDMEE not classic FDM, maybe have read here for one option

• User_BP7C5
    edited Dec 6, 2019 9:19AM

John,

TY for clarifying.  It's a bit confusing as you can imagine.  We are sorting this out.  I agree that we accessed the wrong 'loaddata.bat' script.  Haven't used this old FDQM  version in so long, but it is what it is.

We are making progress.  We followed your link:  https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/fdm_admin/frameset.htm?ch17.html

We were successful in getting our data file properly named, and the vbs 'Action Script' created in the Workbench.  Wow that brings back memories .   We then run the 'Hyperion FDM Task Manager' to run it.  It runs and loads successfully.

However just a few questions/clarifications as I'm not 100% sure this will work or not but want to find out:

1. When we run the 'Hyperion FDM Task Manager' the 'execute/run' arrow is grayed out.  Not sure if it's something with our artifacts or this is a known issue.  I can't recall anything in the past that I remember.  Any ideas?
    2. Is there a way to execute a task via a batch script instead of having to manually run this tool?  We really need to do this by command line if possible.  Perhaps we can execute it and pass in a param with task name?

Anyways, it was quite the journey figuring this out.

Thanks for your insight!!!

2019-12-06_7-18-02.png

• User_BP7C5
    edited Dec 6, 2019 11:44AM

It's resolved.   I'll post solution once finalized.

Appreciate all the assistance!!