- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 60 Insurance
- 534.8K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.8K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.4K Cloud Platform
- 109.2K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.9K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
OS Upgrade on RAC Database Servers
We are planning to upgrade OS on production databases from RHEL 6.5 to RHEL 6.8.
Currently we are evaluating approach for upgrade and we found below two oracle support notes with two different approaches:
1) How To Upgrade ASMLib Kernel Driver as Part of Kernel Upgrade? (Doc ID 1391807.1) (Non Rolling Upgrade)
2) How to Manage Oracle Grid Infrastructure During Operating System Upgrades (Doc ID 1559762.1) (Rolling upgrade)
We are using asmlib for configuration of ASM disks. Below version of oracle asm RPMs are installed on database servers.
We need assistance for below queries :
1. Do we need to upgrade above oracleasm RPMs during or post OS upgrade ? If yes what should be target version.
2. If we choose rolling upgrade, is there any risk in case of different OS version in same RAC (i.e RHEL 6.5 on some nodes and 6.8 on upgraded nodes)?
Thanks and Regards,