Forum Stats

• 3,838,281 Users
  • 2,262,350 Discussions
  • 7,900,575 Comments

Discussions

Tell us about your experience with the "Oracle Enterprise Manager App for Grafana ”

Answers

• User_UTZFZ
    User_UTZFZ Member Posts: 1 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 27, 2020 2:03PM

Hello,

I would like to know if I would be able to pull information related to OGG into a Grafana dashboard also?

• ganessub-Oracle
    ganessub-Oracle Member Posts: 38 Employee
    edited Jul 27, 2020 2:17PM

If you have OGG instances are monitored using  OGG EM Plugin and if it s already populating its Metric data into OMR then you can definitely visualise those collected metric data using our EM Grafana plugin. Make sure the EM admin user which you configure in the Plugin Datasource has appropriate read permission on the OGG instances(EM targets)...if it does , in the Plugin's Query panel, you can see the OGG target type is populated in the Target Type drop-down and its corresponding OGG instances populated in the Targets drop-down.

Murtaza Husain-Oracle
  • ganessub-Oracle
    edited Jul 27, 2020 2:37PM

If you have OGG instances are monitored using  OGG EM Plugin and if it s already populating its Metric data into OMR then you can definitely visualise those collected metric data using our EM Grafana plugin. Make sure the EM admin user which you configure in the Plugin Datasource has appropriate read permission on the OGG instances(EM targets)...if it does , in the Plugin's Query panel, you can see the OGG target type is populated in the Target Type drop-down and its corresponding OGG instances populated in the Targets drop-down.

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    Murtaza Husain-Oracle Posts: 44 Employee
    edited Aug 6, 2020 7:52PM

Installing and Configuring Oracle Enterprise Manager App for Grafana: https://youtu.be/CtwLO58KKE8

This video highlights the setup steps required to get started Oracle Enterprise Manager App for Grafana. For full details on minimum requirements, installation and configuration, see.

• Mark L
    Mark L Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 28, 2020 7:28AM

Hi,

I have two questions:

1)

Can someone suggest me on how to fix the warning with respect to throttling? I see that more users are experiencing the same issue.

We have multiple EM's (all at the same patchlevels). And only one is failing with "For userid:ea6cd381dd3ba3a5bb6d12447f9f13c7 there is no throttle rate limiter configured".

According to the Oracle documentations, this should do the trick, but as you can see, it's not working ..

# emctl set property -name oracle.sysman.db.restfulapi.grafana.throttle.max.concurrent.request -value 5

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 4

Copyright (c) 1996, 2020 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SYSMAN password:

Definition does not exist for property "oracle.sysman.db.restfulapi.grafana.throttle.max.concurrent.request". Can not set property value

2)
    I see that you stated in June, that Oracle is working on Demo's, etc. for dashboard and custom reports. Can you share where I can find that?
    I would love to create my own custom reports, but very often, but had no succes in creating them (other then the default reports, which are working).

Thanks and rrds,

Mark

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Aug 28, 2020 1:55PM

Hi Mark,

1) Can you confirm the exact version of EM that you are trying to set the throttling rate on? Is it EM13.4 RU3 and above?

2) We are in the process of creating these custom report videos; In the meantime, please let us know any specific use-case that you are trying to create as part of this custom report?

Thanks,

Murtaza

• Mark L
    edited Aug 31, 2020 8:53AM

Hi Murtaza,

Yes, EM13.4 RU3. This is the warning I receive:

For userid:f2c25a49864e5b44feb2b1babd567e4f there is no throttle rate limiter configured.

And we receive this for only one system. Two other systems, with the same versions (so 13.4RU3) are going fine ...

Can you help us out? This is a very annoying warning, because the Oracle docs are stating this can be solved by throttling the connection (but the commands aren't working).

Regards,
    Mark

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Aug 31, 2020 2:13PM

Hi Mark,

Is it possible for you to verify the patch level between the two systems i.e. where it is working vs. where it's not working?

You can refer to the following MOS note on verify the patch levels at the OMS and Agent: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=736937584849285&id=2138068.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-…

And if based on the above, the patches are showing the exact same version between the two systems, then maybe, you need to restart the OMS where you are encountering this warning message.

Thanks,

Murtaza

• Mark L
    edited Sep 1, 2020 9:02AM

Hi,

Yes, the versions are all the same. I also created an SR for this issue. Till now, without success.

I did not restart the OMS (all the parameters are showing that a restart is not required).

Do you think a restart can make sense? ( I will try it right ahead then).

Rgrs,
    Mark

• ganessub-Oracle
    edited Sep 1, 2020 9:19AM

On the EM site where you see this problem, please search for "grafana" properties like below:

1. From the Setup menu, select Manage Cloud Control, then select Management Services.
    2. On the Management Services page, click Configuration Properties.
    3. On the Configuration Properties page, you can view and edit OMS properties.
    4. Note: You will need OMS Configuration Property resource privilege to navigate to this page.

Another way is:

emctl list properties

Displays the properties of all OMSs.

Use -out_file parameter to get a list of all the properties for all OMSs. This command enables easy comparison of configuration across two OMSs.

Use the above emctl command to generate all OMS properties into an -out-file for those 2 OMSs (from the one where it is working and the one where it is not working) . If you see the difference then I feel the system where the property setting does not work , the repository (OMR) upgrade was not proper. You might need to re-upgrade after confirming whether that was the case. First figure-out why the repository upgrade was not proper like was there any error thrown in the upgrade log file etc.