- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 63 Insurance
- 536.4K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.3K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.8K Cloud Platform
- 109.5K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
JMS adapter Synchronous Consume Performance
What are the likely causes of performance issues in consuming a message synchronously by using a JMS adapter. I'm using OSB 12c and from the pipeline, invoking a business service created by the adapter with the operation type as synchronous message consume. But sometimes, while processing the requests, I could see there are delays of few seconds in reading the message from queue on demand.
We could see that sync consume by default uses a non waiting operation but I would like to understand what other possible causes will have a performance impact and how to tune them. I have also increase the connections capacity of the adapter outbound connection pool.
High level flow:
1) OSB received the messages on HTTP from client
2) Using Service Callout retrieve one token from jms using synchronous consume( Note: It is a uniform distributed queue and no message selectors as well)
3) Invoke another HTTP service using the token
4) Push the new token from the above response into the same JMS UDQ ( another business service)
5) Return final response to client.