• 3,838,629 Users
  • 2,262,385 Discussions
  • 7,900,713 Comments

Discussions

JMS adapter Synchronous Consume Performance

Naveent_2785
Naveent_2785 Member Posts: 28 Blue Ribbon
edited Oct 18, 2020 10:42PM in SOA Suite Discusssions

What are the likely causes of performance issues in consuming a message synchronously by using a JMS adapter. I'm using OSB 12c and from the pipeline, invoking a business service created by the adapter with the operation type as synchronous message consume. But sometimes, while processing the requests, I could see there are delays of few seconds in reading the message from queue on demand.

We could see that sync consume by default uses a non waiting operation but I would like to understand what other possible causes will have a performance impact and how to tune them. I have also increase the connections capacity of the adapter outbound connection pool.

High level flow:

1) OSB received the messages on HTTP from client

2) Using Service Callout retrieve one token from jms using synchronous consume( Note: It is a uniform distributed queue and no message selectors as well)

3) Invoke another HTTP service using the token

4) Push the new token from the above response into the same JMS UDQ ( another business service)

5) Return final response to client.

Tagged:

Comments

• Naveent_2785
    Naveent_2785 Member Posts: 28 Blue Ribbon

Based on the OSB Threading model, configured a work manager with some min threads and associated with the business service which is invoked in the service callout. After making the above change, we can see such delays are not happening while doing a synchronous consume from JMS adapter

Please, go through the below blog from A-team, where more details on why it is required is shared.