- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 60 Insurance
- 534.8K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.8K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.4K Cloud Platform
- 109.2K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.9K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
ORA-12520: TNS:listener could not find available handler for requested type of server
The BI & Test team facing the following error: " ORA-12520: TNS:listener could not find available handler for requested type of server" , after upgrading the db from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 and the GI version is 126.96.36.199.0 .
My troubleshooting was as following:
- I have checked the local listeners for both nodes and they were correct.
- I have checked the registered services
- I have checked the Listener status to check the handler's value and it wasn't 0 " 0 handler(s) for this service..." it was 1 normally as following : " has 1 handler(s) for this service ".
knowing that the issue It does not happen continuously but occurring from time to other but it causing service interruption.