• 3,769,633 Users
  • 2,252,995 Discussions
  • 7,875,129 Comments

Discussions

How to identify which column pkupdate trail

user10126973
user10126973 Member Posts: 126 Red Ribbon

Hi All,

How to identify which column got update in trail file , I am seeing header info lie pkupdate but I an not able to identify which column got updated

Please share your thoughts

Regards

DR

Answers

• ORASCN
    ORASCN Member Posts: 1,825 Gold Trophy

Can you please share the Extract process parameter file.

Whenever there is an UPDATE operation, by default, you could see the BEFORE IMAGE and AFTER IMAGE of the columns in the trail files. The AFTER IMAGE will not be a complete one. Only the changed columns along with PK columns will be there. With that you can come to know which columns are updated.

Regards,

Veera

• user10126973
    user10126973 Member Posts: 126 Red Ribbon

HI Veera,

I am seeing AFTER IMAGE , before Image and after Image in my trail file

AFTER IMAGE ---- Only few values I am seeing(which are equal before image for few columns)

before Image ----I am seeing all columns and also seeing AFTER IMAGE values the above

after image ---- I am seeing some changed values

I am bit confuse here changed values inn after image

Please clarify if you understand my question

Regards,

DR

• ORASCN
    ORASCN Member Posts: 1,825 Gold Trophy

Hey,

I am clear with your query. I think you are clear with my answer :-)

Whenever there is an UPDATE operation, by default, you could see the BEFORE IMAGE and AFTER IMAGE of the columns in the trail files.

The AFTER IMAGE will not be a complete one. Only the changed columns along with PK columns will be there.

With that you can come to know which columns are updated.

If you check the metadata of the table, you will come to know the PK columns. Excluding it from the AFTER IMAGE, the remaining columns are changed columns..

Regards,

Veera