• 2,262,600 Discussions
  • 7,901,268 Comments

Discussions

Target Version in ASO

AngelOftheNorth
AngelOftheNorth Member Posts: 15 Green Ribbon
edited Jul 7, 2021 1:28PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

We are using a target version to directly populate text and actual values at the parent level in our BSO cube, which works fine.

We are trying to reference the same Target version in ASO cube having pushed values across but we do not see them in the ASO cube.

I have tried to manually populate using smart view but it is only showing as enter allowed at ALL zero level members, which makes it look like you cannot use Target Version for this in the ASO cube, which with dynamic calculation in the place of storage kind of makes sense - as the manual says; -

"can load data at level0 members only"

Is there anyway to reference the value from the BSO cube in ASO to get around this 'limitation', my business requirement is to show these upper level populated target text values in an ASO based financial web report.

thanks,

Robert.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Pete N
    Pete N Member Posts: 77 Blue Ribbon
    Answer ✓

G'day Robert,

that wouldn't be directly possible - as you note, the data has nowhere to live in ASO as it's all dynamically calculated.

However! Given your output is an FR report you could instead have your upper level text values (commentary I'm guessing) render in a single report by having multiple data source connections in the same report.

Build the ASO report as normal including the commentary column, then select the commentary column and in the database connection up the top you can change the database connection just for that column! It'll still try to use the dimensionality from the report, but will just repoint that one to your BSO cube where the text data lives.

Weird feature that is not heavily used!

Cheers

Pete

AngelOftheNorth

Answers

• Pete N
    Pete N Member Posts: 77 Blue Ribbon
    Answer ✓

G'day Robert,

that wouldn't be directly possible - as you note, the data has nowhere to live in ASO as it's all dynamically calculated.

However! Given your output is an FR report you could instead have your upper level text values (commentary I'm guessing) render in a single report by having multiple data source connections in the same report.

Build the ASO report as normal including the commentary column, then select the commentary column and in the database connection up the top you can change the database connection just for that column! It'll still try to use the dimensionality from the report, but will just repoint that one to your BSO cube where the text data lives.

Weird feature that is not heavily used!

Cheers

Pete

AngelOftheNorth
  • AngelOftheNorth
    AngelOftheNorth Member Posts: 15 Green Ribbon

Hi Pete,

#tag things you do so infrequently you forget they are possible!!!

Thank you for the suggestion, I will give that a go, it sounds like the best I can do, and given that the user must input the data in BSO and we only copy data within BSO then I cannot see a situation where this has a downside.

G'donya!

Thanks,

Robert.