• 3,836,816 Users
  • 2,262,196 Discussions
  • 7,900,117 Comments

Discussions

EPM 11.2.6 HFM Performance Bug

Vijal.Chokshi
Vijal.Chokshi Member Posts: 25 Green Ribbon
edited Oct 15, 2021 10:10PM in Financial Consolidation

We recently tested EPM 11.2.6 Release with Essbase, Planning, FDMEE and HFM. We encountered severe HFM performance issue where standard consolidation was approx. 40% slower than 11.1.2.4.202. Oracle support confirms there is a performance bug(unpublished) with HFM release. 

BUG 33421325 - SLOW CONSOLIDATIONS IN HFM 11.2.6 COMPARED TO 11.1.2.4

Anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks,

Vijal Chokshi

Tagged:

Answers

• Vasantha Kumar
    Vasantha Kumar Member Posts: 59 Bronze Badge

Hi Vijal,

Thanks for posting here the issue with consolidation performance in 11.2.6. Did you hear back any workaround or fix for this from Oracle?

Thanks,

Vasanth

• Vijal.Chokshi

We have escalated it to Development team but there is no ETA available, 11.2.7 will be out next week but it doesn't address the performance bug. We have scheduled Go Live in mid November but now we need to postpone till feb as Oracle didn't provide any timeline regarding the fix. All other modules Essbase, Planning & FDMEE works fine with heavy data volume but HFM appears to be show stopper.

Not sure how many other companies facing the same issue. So far 11.2.5 & 11.2.6 both got HFM issue.

Thanks,

Vijal Chokshi

• Michael Fuori
    Michael Fuori Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Has anyone seen this with version 11.2.5. At GE we have seen 40%+ slow down in consolidation performance. Oracle said they were researching, which then is a rip, know that they have already responded about the 11.2.6 performance bug!

Thanks,

• Vijal.Chokshi

HI Mike,

This is Vijal Chokshi, hope you know me. At Honewyell, we're seeing 50% performance degradation with consolidation and process management. We have spoke to Rojal (Oracle Dev Leader) today, he was blaming Microsoft security update as HFM still needs MS VB engine, he said there is no change in consolidation process from prior version but some MS library is causing the issue. The 11.2.7 will be out next week but chances are very slim to get performance issue addressed. Earlier we're planning to go live in Nov 21 but Oracle still doesn't have ETA on Performance bug.

Again, great to hear from you. Please pass my regards to Josh White.

Regards,

Vijal Chokshi

• Vijal.Chokshi

We also tested 11.2.5 and applied patch called 11.2.5.1 but didn't make any difference.

Issues:

-SmartView Suppress Zero - EPMHFM - 69540: Invalid Grid. Remove Suppression option and try.

-ADF_FACES-60097: For more infomration, please server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096: Server Exception during PPR,#4.

Thanks,

• User_RUHNJ
    User_RUHNJ Member Posts: 54 Blue Ribbon

Seeing nearly 50% slower performance on 11.2.6 compared to 11.1.2.4 that is running in parallel. We have created an SR with Oracle but have not heard back from them yet.

• Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,443 Silver Trophy
    edited Nov 2, 2021 6:02PM

Hi all,

It's been ages since I last wrote here. I hope everyone is well.

The issue appears also in 11.1.2.4 with windows server 2012 if you apply all the latest security patches and we identified that in 2018 :(

This year, I started testing and I have identified that KB4022717, KB4019213 and KB4103715 are partially responsible for the problem. I assume that there are more patches that create the problem but I was only interested to prove that the MS security patches are responsible for the degradation and not the metadata or the changes.

With 11.2.X, we can only hope that Oracle DEV will provide the solution since the patches are embended in the OS. (I have tested in 11.2.3, 11.2.4, 11.2.5 and 11.2.6).

Eventually, we got used to the time.

Cheers,

Thanos

P.S I am wondering why people had not see this problem earlier. They are not patching the servers with the latest security patches?

Vijal.Chokshi
  • Michael Fuori
    Michael Fuori Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Morning/Afternoon All,

I wanted to share our experiences with these versions. We have several different environments, same application, different business segments, different volume of data. Our first environment showed no slowness, when migrated over to 11.2.5. However, when migrating the application into the second environment, we saw the 50+ percent slowness kick in. This second environment had at least 2x the amount of data per period.

Nothing we tried seemed to work, until the team went into the HFM Application/System settings. We made some adjustments to (8) of the settings and now consolidations are running as they were in 11.1.2.4.

Settings included:

Good Luck

Vijal.Chokshi
  • Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,443 Silver Trophy

Hi Michael,

I will try your suggestions. Thank you.

Thanos

• Vijal.Chokshi

Oracle dev just confirmed that Windows 2016 server doesn't have HFM performance issue. It's only windows 2019 only.